1,459 results
All reviewsgreat viewcontinental breakfastelectric fireplaceroom was cleanprivate balconyfull moonsconesthe breakfast areaflat screen tvgreat place to staymid coastyogurtheated poolgreat roomstayed longercoffee makerenjoy the view
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Ledges. We liked that there was a little balcony with chairs overlooking the Penobscot Bay. It was very centrally located for sightseeing and dining. Our room had a walk in shower (handicapped accessible). We enjoyed our say here very much.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Ledges by the Bay is a wonderful find! The staff is very nice. It is on a ledge overlooking a baby so the views are wonderful. Our room was very large, clean, comfortable, and all the details we appreciate like a refrigerator, and a sink outside the bathroom for me to do my hair without all the steam. There are two upholstered chairs in the room, and there is a balcony with chairs. We're kind of late in the season so breakfast wasn't offered but it is most of the time from Memorial Day to October. The rates are an amazing bargain!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The motel is perhaps dated, but it is sparkling clean. The ocean view room had a nice balcony and breathtaking views of Clam Cove.
It was outfitted with a Keurig coffee maker and fridge, which was great, since the continental breakfast offered did not facilitate my gluten free diet.
I am disabled and found the room and bathroom spacious and easy to maneuver.
I would book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
Reviewed 15 October 2017

The room, although small, had been recently remodeled to be very nice, comfortable and functional. And the view of the bay is wonderful, especially at sunrise.

The room rate is a good value for the area and is lower than the neighboring motels/hotels (but there's reasons, see below). Although the place is right off Rte 1, we could not hear the traffic and slept well. The breakfast had the best selection and quality of good food, compared to the ones we had elsewhere that week.

The evening staff person was very helpful in recommending restaurants and how to get to lighthouses which added to our enjoyment of the area.

However, no place is perfect. I It appears this motel/hotel is a "work in progress" to get modernized and updated, so kudos to the owners for doing so.

You might get a negative first impression when you walk into the office. The area is small and cluttered and there's a fish tank that needs to be seriously cleaned/ maintained or gotten rid of. I'm assuming eventually the office will also be redone.

The building with the rooms is a typical roadside motel "motif" and if you have a heavy walker in the room above you, you will hear the footsteps. But get past these initial impressions. We had a comfortable stay at a lower price than other nearby places.

Lastly, there is only one person to handle the front desk and take care of the breakfast. After seeing that there was no coffee and certain food items as well as dirty tables, I went down the spiral staircase to ask the front desk person to help. She instantly took care of everything and apologized several times saying she was detained as people had been checking out. It's possible this issue is an exception rather than the rule. The staff appear to do their best to make things right.

So I recommend staying at this place, however, I gave it 4 stars because of limited resources to make your stay "perfect." Comes down to a cost-benefit trade-off and managing your expectations. I'd stay there again happily.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Been here several times - twice in the last 2 months and in the same room. Incredible view, especially for early risers (faces southeast). Nice clean, well-appointed room. Very reasonable rate. Did not have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Nice white noise from the AC/heater that STAYS ON all night (unlike the annoying ones that cycle on and off not matter how you set them). Not a luxury place, but very nice, affordable accommodations in an excellent spot about halfway between Rockland and Camden.

Room Tip: Variety of room types available. Ask for a view if you want a view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo