“Excuse me???”

Glen Cove Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed here last week with some friends. The room was just fine, although the bathtub was quite narrow even for showering. We had a patio with table and chairs. The grounds were immaculate. Our ocean view room had a barely visible view of an inlet from the porch. Then there was breakfast. Arrived at the outdoor seating area to find only one English muffin and a few hard boiled eggs available. When I requested more, since there were three of us, the woman in charge of the food proceeded to complain about how people took more than they could eat and then threw it out. Next came, "Are you American?" I was stunned !! It was obvious from her follow-up that she felt the foreign guests were the worst offenders in the wastefulness category. She proceeded to place just enough coffee cake out for the three of us, even though there were more guests arriving. Yes, I am an American, and, yes, I was highly offended by her attitude and behavior. If she doesn't like to see food wasted, she should go somewhere else since the US is one of the worst, if not the worst, when it comes to wastefulness. Her behavior was totally out of line for someone in the guest services business.
There are many nice motels in this area and I will be visiting one of them on my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank buttonwoodbrook

Reviewed 11 July 2011

If we ever get back to Rockport, Maine we wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. We had the king water view suite and it was incredible. The view from the patio is breathtaking.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

First I will say that we got in later in the evening and our welcome was wonderful (thank you Koko!). Our room was so nice, clean and comfortable. It was very foggy when we got in but the morning sun revealed a well kept beautiful setting. Matt, the owner, knew my name and hadn't even met me. It was a short stay for us as we had an appointment early the next day, but we will definitely stay again when we are in Maine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at many different motels during our trip, but the highlight was Glen Cove. It was so nice to relax in the Adirondack chairs overlooking the little bay. The flowers were gorgeous and the staff extremely friendly. The room had recently been renovated and the bed was very comfortable. The only small annoyance was the air conditioner was not on when we got there and it took 4 hours to cool the room down. However, the other two rooms occupied by our friends were fine. I think this was a simple oversight. I would definitely recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Arrived with no reservation but added in with no difficulty, had pleasant and informative conversation with wonderful woman at desk, (sorry we did not get her name), very lovely room with balcony, quiet surroundings and clientel. Would definately return if in that area. Thanks for the pleasant experience. The Palmers

Room Tip: Be pleasant and gracious, it never hurts.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I had a 2 night stay in May 2011 as part of a photographic tour with a friend. It is my 3rd time staying there.

We stayed in rooms 29 & 30 with the room amenities (incl flatscreen TV) equal to a Hilton. Well appointed furniture, comfortable mattress and immaculately clean bathroom made the stay great!

Like the title said, it is my 3rd time staying there and it is easy to see that they keep putting money into their property to improve the customer experience. I give this my highest recommendation and I look forward to traveling again and being totally spoiled at Glen Cove!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a large room, cheerfully decorated, with a nice sitting area, back deck and front porch. Location was very convenient as we chose to do things north and south of this motel. Glen Cove is very well kept and clean, a really nicely done 50's motel for a trip down memory lane. I have allergies to mold and mildew and this was not a problem at Glen Cove (we did have issues at other places in Maine due to the long, dark, wet winters) Everything was fresh and clean here! Breakfast was nice and convenient as was the laundry facility. The only drawback we found was the shower curtain not staying inside the shower.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fancynancy62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Island View Inn
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Glenmoor by the Sea
Glenmoor by the Sea
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to Glen Cove Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!