“Perfect in almost every way!”
Review of Island View Inn

Island View Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
PA
“Perfect in almost every way!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We've been traveling to Maine for almost 20 years, and I don't know how this place escaped my radar until now. Needing only a room for 1 night, I decided to give the Island View Inn a try. We were greeted by a very delightful and helpful receptionist, who told us we were getting one of the newly decorated rooms. To say that my mouth dropped open upon seeing the room is no exageration! I'm an interior decorator, and I never expected anything like the room we were in. It had first class furnishings and decor, not to mention a view over the infinity pool with the open ocean in the distance. The only thing that would make it altogether perfect is a continental breakfast in the morning...but that's minor compared to what you do get. Worth the money!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank peachy7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We only booked one night and if we had known how great the Inn was we would have stayed longer. We were met by a gracious host, moved in, walked down to the water and swam in the infinity pool. The room with an excellent view of the bay was very well appointed. We will return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve L
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We had stayed at the sister inn (Strawberry Hill Inn), last year and decided to try this inn just for a new experience. Wow! The rooms and deck are larger and the furnishings are nicer. You get a quilt to put around you while you are sitting on your private deck complete with a ceiling fan and lounger, two chairs and table. Very quiet and stunning views make this Inn a great addition to any vacation. They only offer coffee and tea but less than five miles is Camden and Marriners Restaurant right on Main Street. Locals go here...you should too.

Room Tip: Second floor offers better views. No elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Virginiagirl_12
Currently Oregon
Reviewed 29 September 2012

My daughter and I were on a first trip to Maine and decided that we would prefer to stay in one place and take day trips. So, we decided that something near Camden should be just right and chose 'The Cove' rental at Island View in Rockport. The main Inn seemed perfectly situated with a fantastic view but we wanted 2 bedrooms. The 'Cove' is a stand alone about half mile or so down the road. It was a great value, spacious and wonderfully decorated with 2 full baths, including a Jacuzzi tub. Full, and fully equipped kitchen. Living room, dining room, sun room.. Like a little house. Well furnished, comfortable beds. I could go on and on. BUT KNOW THIS... It is right on Hwy 1 and the view is across the Hwy through big power lines. So, I wouldn't stay here if my idea of fun was to hang out on the deck. However, the bedrooms are set back so that wasn't an issue. And I live in an environment with underground utilities so I might be more sensitive than some. That said, if you wants TONS of room and a wonderful headquarters you simply cannot beat this! My GPS brought us in from Portland in a odd way and all our day trips went North through Camden. We thought we were miles from civilization so imagine our shock when we left for the Portland airport and discovered a Wal Mart just 5 miles or so from us. And everything else in Rockport from chain restaurants to a TJ Max Home Center! In sum...if you are coming to hang out on the deck skip this... If you want an amazingly spacious, really well furnished HQ with 2 BR/2BA don't miss it. By the way, house sits up away from highway with large yard so is definitely safe and OK for families. 1.5 hrs to Bar Harbor or Portland. Really, the property is SO nice, thus the 5 stars. I couldn't deduct for the Hwy and power lines because our daylight hours were spent on island mail boats and in small villages.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank backpackluxury
Danville, California
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Camden/Rockport area in Maine and decided to stay at the Island View Inn for a couple of nights...Our room was exceptionally clean and decorated in a nautical theme---All of the rooms have a beautiful view of the bay (although I recommend staying on the 2nd or 3rd floor) Every room has a private balcony for a relaxing stay!

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor to have a more dynamic view of the bay
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank chayes8888
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Island View Inn over the weekend. We couldn't have chosen a better place. The room was far from average, and the view from our room was impressive. Very friendly staff, private landscaped decks. Infinity edge pool right outside your door. What more could we ask for? Descriptions and photos on line did not come close to the elegance that was in store for us. This place is definitely worth a return trip.......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rlaroche
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised. Best room in our coastal trip so far. Clean modern cottage feel. Friendly staff, beautifully kept grounds. Private decks, heated pool. Highly recommended.Gorgeous views, relaxing at its besy. Excellent value too

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Charlenelovesmike
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn
#4 of 10 in Camden
250 Main Hotel
250 Main Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rockland

Been to Island View Inn? Share your experiences!