“Interesting Hotel with Interesting Couple”

Claddagh Motel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We spent four nights at this motel. The couple who own/run this are a wonderful "Irish" couple who can turn a 2 minute talk into 20 or more minutes. Make you feel at home. The hotel is a assortment of houses made into rooms and rooms that look out of the 50's. We had a suite which had a living room, bedroom, a full kitchen and bathroom. this allowed us to bring back our Lobster to eat. Room where very clean and even though we were close to road #1 our sound machines drown out any highway noise. I recommend sounds machines for all travelers.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have stayed here several times while traveling through the Rockland area. We have never been disappointed with the hospitality of Alex and Siobhan. They make you feel as if you are family. The units are older, but are kept in top condition. Ours this year had a small kitcheonette which allowed us to refrigerate our Maine blueberries!!! We really are comfortable here!!!

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the back further away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I recently stayed in Rockport and I absolutely loved this hotel. As you can tell by the name, it has an Irish theme. I found it very welcome and charming. The owners are lovely people, and will chat forever if you show interest. The room was small (I was on a budget) but pleasant. The decorations were quite nice, much more than I expected for the price.

The best part was the access to Clam Cove. You have to walk down the street a half block, but there are stairs leading down to the cove. I woke up before sunrise and made my way down there. It was truly inspiring.

The rooms are very clean, and housekeeping does a great job of keeping up with everything. I didn't find a single spot of dirt, even after I came back to the room with muddy feet.

To sum up, I doubt you'll find a better value in the area. I plan on coming up for the Blues Festival next year, and I know where I'm going to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CAS1313
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Surprised by the pleasant well decorated house. When we arrived, it seemed that we were expected like friends, invited in a sweet home. So we were right away at ease. We were touch by the coziness and the opulence of the place. Flowers, china, knickknacks and artistic taste everywhere make us think that we were warmly invited in a guest house, not at all in an impersonal dull motel. We appreciated and enjoyed right away our stay, like in a sweet home. As a plus, it is super clean, with all commodities and near lovely places like Camden with a lot of boutiques and a charming harbor. Our stay was too short….so we dream of going back very soon to savor it again .Many thanks to the kindness of Alex, the owner of the place. Marie-Hélène, Chantal and Gabriel from Québec, Canada.

Room Tip: Our cottage had the view on te sea, a nice terrasse table and chairs and a BBQ.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank marie-Hélène B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

One has many choices to stay on Maine's Central Coast, but this is truly the place to be for a nice getaway and for once staying away from the standard chain hotel. Alex the owner is from Galway via The Bronx, and has many stories to tell. His rooms are spotless and comfortable, and the suites have all the modern conveniences, including powerful wi-fi. A great home base in-between searching for the best lobster.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, great little 1BR suite on the ground floor, towards the back are some quiet...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 5w30
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a lovely spot. The owner's are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Very nice rooms, well maintained. Good wi-fi. The heated pool is lovely. Owner offered to turn up to heat if we wanted, but it was lovely and warm. Good continental breakfast of bagels, toast, cereal, juice, good coffee and fresh fruit. Ten minutes to Camden. Tidal flat nearby was fun to explore at low tide. Our 2 room suite had a fridge and stove. Beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: All rooms would be fine. We were in 102 which sits a bit apart and felt like our own cottage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 466Richard789466
Reviewed 3 July 2014

While visiting my daughter in Maine, I wanted to try something different and made reservations at the Claddagh Motel in Rockport. The Claddagh is on the coast but not really an ocean view; it has a very nice and large lawn, with a few lawn chairs and tables. You certainly don't feel crowded or cramped when outside. They do have access to a small beach just a short walk away.
The rooms are cozy and decorated in cottage style with pictures on the walls and a table cloth on the small table in the room. TV was great, a 36" flat screen. It is a bit tight but we had a king bed but very comfortable.
The rooms are very quiet and exceptionally clean. The owners have had this motel for 18 years and it is open May to November. The owners are very pleasant, are in fact Irish, from Ireland, and very interesting to talk to. They are people "persons" and show a real concern for the comfort of their guests.
This is a very nice property and I will stay again in the next few months when I visit Maine. I would recommend this to my family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sailor32948
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Schooner Bay Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Rockland
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Claddagh Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!