“Cosy, relaxing and charming.”

Claddagh Motel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This was our second time at the Claddagh. Very clean and comfortable. I especially love to walk the short distance to the cove . A secluded little spot where I will watch the sunrise next time! Alex is a gracious host. We have not met his wife but love the detail she has put into the rooms. The beds are truely comfortable, and as my husband has a bad back, he really notices! The walls must be sound proof as we have never heard our neighbors. This last time I left the battery charger to my camera in the room. I bought another at $60.00 but before I opened it decided to try to contact the Claddagh. Not only did they find it but sent it right to me. How considerate was that? The $60. one went right back to the store! This is where we will always stay when in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2010

If you'd rather spend your money on meals & activities than lodging, the Claddagh is a good choice for mid-coast Maine. We spent three nights in a small but clean Queen room for a rock-bottom rate during high season. It was convenient to everywhere & fine for us, since we were out almost all of the time. Alex & Siobhan were, as promised, real Irish charmers. Continental breakfast was basic; we usually went out for something more substantial. Home Kitchen Cafe in Rockland & the family-owned place over the falls in Camden were both great. For the ambitious, there are grills that you can use to cook your own lobsters or BBQ. Free WiFi worked in the yard, not in the room. Didn't try the pool but others did. All in all, we were happy w/our experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My wife and have stayed in a great many motels over the course of many years in most states. The atmosphere at the Claddagh Motel was a completely different experience, the room was very well decorated and it made you feel right at home. The management who also are the owners did everything they could to make our stay perfect. They helped with any info you requested and their recommendations were exactly as they said. We have never stayed where the bed linens and pillow cases had lace trim. The owners worked very hard to keep the motel in excellent condition.I know that any person or persons that stay there will enjoy the same experience as we did . GOOD LUCK TO THEM

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I cannot say enough about the wonderful vacation we spent at the Claddagh Motel . Alex and Siobhan were so friendly, their rooms are cozy & very clean with full kitchens which helps cut down on the expense when traveling with a family. The surrounding grounds are beautiful manicured and they have a path down to the beach area. Their presence is felt but never intrusive. I honestly recommend a vacation at their place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I have been to this motel twice. I bring my niece and visit my close friend and her family. My friend's 3 children like to sleep over, so I got a 2 bedroom suite this time around. Last year I stayed in a 2 bedroom unit.
The rooms are so decorative, like Irish cottages. They are so homey and cheerful. And also spacious! I must say that the suite had a full kitchen that was fully equipped with all of the necessities and more. They grounds are well kept and you can have a cookout right there on the property. The heated pool is awesome. It is so big and the kids and I love it!

Siobhan and Alex Gilmore are so gracious and hospitable. They are so accommodating. They are so warm and friendly, and work nonstop to satisfy their guests.

The Claddagh provides all of this comfort, cleanliness and service of an expensive hotel at budget cost. Whether you are traveling solo or with a mate or with a family, be sure to stay here. You won't be disappointed. You will get personal service with those smiling Irish eyes.

Thank you Alex and Siobhan!

Peggy Shaw,
Boston, MA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Once again we cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms,the friendly welcome from your hosts,the excellent breakfasts,the sparkling pool,the short walk to the Cove.
This motel may look just like any other 60's motel until you enter the grounds and rooms. It has been fully updated throughout. The rooms are all individually decorated in beautiful colours (Siobhans touch). The bathrooms are functional and have excellent showers,none of the slow dribbles of water here. The staff,including the cleaning are staff are very accomodating,nothing is too much trouble. Keep up the good work all of you.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I have never been to Maine and was looking for an area that was close to everything but not in the hustle and bustle of tourist attractions and much to our delight, I found this quaint motel which turned out to be perfect. Alex was extremely delightful and a pleasure to speak to. This area was so very quiet and peaceful which made for a relaxing mini-vacation for my significant other and myself. The room was very comfortable and clean and I would highly recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a place out of the ordinary with great service and friendly atmosphere. Thanks Alex and Siobhan for the most pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Schooner Bay Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Rockland
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Claddagh Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!