“Got really sick on the oysters”
Review of Anchor Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

Anchor Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were suspicious of the way the oysters looked but did not speak up. A couple we left on the plate but the rest we ate, thinking of course they must know what they are doing. Mys poor sister was "Should I drive you to the hospital?" sick all night. Since that is all we ate that afternoon, we were sure that was the cause of the problem. I never eat oysters in her presence now and she will probably never eat them again anywhere, ever. So, no we did not have a great experience there.

1  Thank pellverm

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've been there before so I knew what to expect then this occurred. Me and my girlfriend had reservations which they honored and they gave us a great table with an awesome view. We had drinks that were awesome with some great appetizers. I ordered the broil seafood which was $26; my meal came it was the size of an appetizer: 3 pcs of shrimp, 3 pcs of scallop, 3 clams and 1 mystery fish. The worst thing that came with my meal was they put a piece of lobster tail cut in half length wise on my plate with the poop shoot still on it. So after I cleaned it I had 2 bites out of it. So basically after I ate I wanted to go back out for a real meal because it didn't fill me up.

3  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A great restaurant tucked in along the harbor at Round Pond. I loved the food, though my niece said the salad tasted funny. The Seafood Bake was great, though. Server was friendly and never kept us waiting. Would have liked some better signage to get there since I was gong off of ten year old memories, but we found it all the same!

1  Thank Rebekah B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was delightful restaurant. Nice view! Great food! Reasonable Prices! Husband had fish tacos that were great. I had breaded and stuff artichoke hearts. Daughter had fish/chips. Everything was great. We even had blueberry pie for dessert. I love finding these kinds of places.

1  Thank BMW1200RT
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Decent,not great food.Great location.Staff is friendly.
A couple of tests shows the potato salad still has no taste.
Fried Haddock sandwich was Ok.