“The most elegant and classiest venue in the area!”

49 Franklin - Mystic Theater
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Rumford
More attraction details
Owner description: 49 Franklin is a renovated, former, Methodist Church. Owners Scot and Cindy Grassette have modified the space into a beautiful reception hall perfect for your dream wedding, anniversary or other milestone events. Grapevine Catering provides delicious options that will impress your guests and make your event unforgettable!The Mystic Theater is on the second level accessible from the rear parking lot. It hosts Comedy, Magic, Music Performance art and Live theater. The Paper Moon Players, directed by Keith A. Grassette have produced The Odd Couple (female version), The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, and Steel Magnolias.49 Franklin is ADA Accessible on both floors
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This business, in the beautifully renovated former Methodist church, truly deserves all the praise it gets. I had the pleasure of attending an event at 49 Franklin on Valentine's Day. The play, "Love Letters," was performed in the dining area and was produced by Paper Moon Players (directed by Keith A. Grassette). The show was great, and the dinner was absolutely fantastic! The set-up was lovely, the table service was very nice, and the ambiance was tres elegant! It was a delightful engagement in a classy establishment. I had a grand time! The owners, Scot and Cindy Grassette, have outdone themselves several times over! I loved the whole experience and would highly recommend this extremely versatile venue for any kind of function or event.
49 Franklin is a classy and very elegant (yet unpretentious) establishment. A+++++

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I attended a birthday party for two of the most amazing kids I know.....n I can honestly say, the party was as fabulous as they are! Scott and Cindy did an amazing job with karaoke and lighting, games and magic....keeping kids, of all ages,smiling and busy, and allowing the adults to be as silly as the kids! It's not everyday that you find a place to hold an event, of any kind, that you are treated like a friend, while still holding a high level of professionalism. I've attended birthdays, weddings, and even funeral receptions there, and each function has been beyond expectations. To take an old church and turn it into a hall is common.....but 49 Franklin isn't 'common'....it's magical.

1  Thank MicheleLeeD
Reviewed 24 February 2014

What can I say?! Scot and Cindy are not only amazing people but extremely passionate and entertaining hosts. We had our wedding at 49 Franklin and it could not have been any more special. From the first day we toured the place till the night of our wedding, every detailed was handled with care and priority. They remained in consistent contact during the year of planning. When they say "they are only a call away", they really mean it. They are always willing to answer any questions you have and provide assistance to the very best of their ability. Our wedding was perfect thank you to the beautiful venue, wonderful food, uplifting entertainment and organization. What other place can you find that is all inclusive with food, entertainment, venue, event planner, tables, chairs, linens, real china and SO SO much more. 49 Franklin is the place to BE and venue to hold any of your events big or small.

My bridal shower was also hosted at 49 Franklin and I think every single guest said how amazingly beautiful it was and how much the venue and Scot and Cindy truly captured my vintage elegance wedding theme. From the food, decorating, design and communication it was a special time that I will never forget.

We have also attended many Friday Night Live Shows, black light dances, birthday parties and many more and every time we step foot into the door we know the night is going to be filled with fun, special people, amazing food and many life long memories will be created.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The first time I went to 49 Franklin was for our class reunion. My now husband and I looked at each other and started talking about how beautifully it was restored and that someone could still get married there (as my parents had when it was a church)....a little down the road we were talking to Scot and Cindy about our wedding. The service, food, and music were awesome! I can't say enough about beautiful everything was for our wedding! Scot, Cindy and the entire crew were first rate from the planning all the way through the clean up at the end of the night! I couldn't have asked for anything more! I would recommend 49 Franklin for any type of function! Also be sure to check out their bridal expo...it made my wedding planning so easy and helped me to keep the majority of our planning local!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have worked with Scott and Cindy at 49 Franklin for many different functions- big and small- a wedding for my sister, retirement party for my boss and birthdays for my kids. I received the same attention to detail regardless of my budget, making every event a success. Scott and Cindy are professional and experienced and truly offer one stop shopping and stress free planning for any event. They are creative and talented so each event is truly unique fun and provides an awesome experience for guests. I would recommend this venue without hesitation and plan to use them for many future events.