“Rumford Retreat”
Review of Boardwalk Inn

Boardwalk Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rumford
Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Rumford B&B and Inns
Saint John, Canada
“Rumford Retreat”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

After a day of golf at Belgrade Lakes, we arrived to a warm welcome from the hosts, Joline and Gerry. The Inn was well located, just off a few kilometres from the main route through the western part of Maine. Gerry provided an interesting recount of the evolution of the Inn's history to the newly renovated property. The hosts were very helpful in making a call to a local pizza place and having a pizza delivered to the door of the room in which we were staying. The Baxter room was very large with a comfortable king size bed. The setup of the sitting area with large screen television and tables was a perfect spot for us to enjoy our pizza. We really liked the idea of having the breakfast items already in the room. The choices were more than adequate and the K cup coffee maker was very convenient. This Inn was very reasonably priced and we truly enjoyed our overnight stay in Rumford.

Room Tip: We really liked the south facing room, the side next to the parking area. The newly renovated wing...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GolfGal07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rumford
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Although I have never stayed a night at Boardwalk Inn I have toured their spaces and rented their rooms 5 or 6 times for entertainers I've had at my business at 49 Franklin in Rumford. I always ask how was your stay and 100% of the time it's a positive response. I've gotten feedback like "I've stayed at places that cost twice as much that are not half as good!" and "It's fantastic, quite, private and very clean." "The hosts are very nice, and the place is immaculate." It's in fairly close proximity to my business, and it's a pleasure dealing with The Boudreaus, It's where I send all my V.I.P.'s
Scot Grassette

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Idaho Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A wonderful bed and breakfast, great hosts, beautiful and clean room. And the history of the inn is fascinating, a must read when there. This was a business trip, but would definitely like to bring my husband for a vacation in the area, and stay at the Boardwalk Inn an extended time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ruthbrown27
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was in town for a wedding and was fortunate enough to get a room here. Very clean and comfortable and a great price. Gerry and Joline (the owners) were very nice and accommodating. It was great waking up and having our breakfast on the counter that had been put there the night before. If you're staying in the area, I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S B
Honey Brook
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn when we traveled to the area for some day hikes on the Appalachian Trail. Our rooms, the Acadia and the Swift River, were immaculate, comfortable, and came with a continental breakfast in each room. The hosts, Gerry and Joline, were very pleasant and offered some ideas on restaurants in the town as well as a brief history of the inn and area.
The Inn is located a couple of miles out of Rumford, not quite within walking distance of downtown, but is quite reasonably priced and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karenhoneybrook
Hooksett, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I enjoy staying at the Boardwalk Inn and agree that this Inn is a great deal as well as the best place to stay in the area. Gerry and Joline Boudreau are very congenial and accommodating hosts, The rooms are tastefully decorated, extremely clean, comfortable and quiet. The amenities include a mini frig, microwave, and a large flat screen TV, The in-room breakfast is an added bonus, featuring all fresh items such as cereal, milk, coffee, cream, bagels, cream cheese, muffins/pastry, juice and fruit.

Room Tip: The new wing is very spacious, recommend seeing if one of those rooms are available.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NancyFredMac
York, Maine
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We just finished a ski weekend in Rumford and had an amazing stay at the Boardwalk Inn. The owners are incredibly nice and accommodating. The rooms themselves are spacious, clean and updated. We were able to stay here for two nights and it was the best hotel/ bed and breakfast I've ever stayed at. Here are a few highlights:

radiant floor heating
wood floors
comfortable beds
microwave, mini fridge, keurig, toaster
continental breakfast available in the room
nice clean bathrooms
flat screen tv
nice lighting

It's amazing. Definitely worth the stay. I will be back with my husband next year for sure!

Room Tip: We had the "swift river room." it was right by the road but it had more for their kitchen...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tessa K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rumford
Comfort Inn & Suites
Mount Blue Motel
Mount Blue Motel
#2 of 3 in Farmington
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!