“This was a really nice place !”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rumford Center
Blue Iris Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rumford Center
NJ
“This was a really nice place !”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This place was recommended to us by family and reviews here on TripAdvisor confirmed that it might be a good choice. We went to Rumford for a family wedding in May 2011 for an exteneded weekend.
The place was spotless, the rooms very cute, the people who ran the place were so nice, and the price very good. The bathroom looked brand new. I don't think we could have made a better choice.
We would definitiely stay there again and I recommend the Blue Iris if you are in the Rmford area. The town was really cute, too. It was our first trip there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MichelleOK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bucksport Me.
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We chose this motel to stay in both in 2009 and 2010. Had mentioned we would be golfing at Sunday River when making reservations the first time and was surprised the woman checking us in remembered our conversation and seemed to have a genuine interest in making our stay enjoyable. The same was true in 2010 on our return visit. The rooms are somewhat dated but are comfortable and clean and the price makes the throw-back look very easy to accept After !8 holes of golf we hit the pool for almost an hour each visit. te will be booking with them again in 2011.

Room Tip: Get rooms w/river view a furthest from road.
  • Stayed July 2010
2 Thank BucksportMe_Chipshot
Reviewed 3 December 2010

NIce owners, reasonably fine accommodations and plenty clean. However, I was on a tight schedule having to return to a contract and wanted to relax and nap before the next work commitment. The owners asked when I would arrive and commented when I checked in about what we had chatted about in terms of work commitment showing me they were fully aware that I would be there that afternoon. The room was below 50 degrees when I arrived and it took over an hour to bring the temperture up to 60 degrees; not warm enough for me to unbundle from my scarf and jackets and not warm enough to take the nap I had planned so I could rejuvenate. When I returned later that evening the room was toasty warm. Comfortable bed, noise level between units was well insulated from hearing the neighbors. Set up with microwave, small fridge and coffee maker but no coffee packets supplied. It's probably the better priced option in the area and overall adequate to nicer than adequate but turn the heat on before your guests arrive!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank trav3lstory
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We recently stayed one night at the Blue Iris, and it was everything we were hoping for. Comfortable, clean and a good value. The Androscoggin River is behind the motel, which is very pretty and makes this a wonderful setting. We also appreciated the excellent customer service: A family with an unhappy baby was in the room next to us. We asked to see if there were any other rooms we could be switched to, and she put us in a different room that was a suite-more expensive than what we paid for. We really appreciated that.

Also make sure to heed the suggestion to go to the Route 2 Diner for breakfast. I almost took a picture of the raspberry stuff french toast, but decided I had better eat it right away!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iKneadavacation
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Ohhhhh geez. FIrst of all this place looks like a scene from a horror movie. We are CONVINCED the place is haunted. At 3:16 in the morning we were laying in bed watching Tv & all of a sudden, the window shade in the bedroom FLEW UP!!! We could hear moaning noises & people walking around. We will not be returning to this place. It's too scary! The woman at the front desk was VERY nice though :)

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Stayed at this inn for a weekend trip to Sunday River because it was the best value for something only 20 minutes from the mountain. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. The woman at the desk was very pleasant and helpful. We took her suggestion and ate at the diner down the road, which was a terrific place for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank pixie5008
Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the Blue Iris three times this summer: on two different occasions in June and once this August (2009). Each time Jean, the person who greeted me at the desk, cleans the rooms and basically runs the place, greeted me with warmth, appreciation and friendliness. The rooms, though old and with no frills, were very clean, comfortable, and quiet. There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was excellent. The motel is located about a half a mile from an excellent diner (Rte. 2 Diner) where I enjoyed breakfast each morning I was there. Though a bit dingy on the inside (the diner, that is), the food is delicious and of good quality. The motel is located in a rural area on Route 2 about 15 minutes east of Sunday River Ski Area. It overlooks the Androscoggin River and provides the setting for a safe and peaceful night's rest. It's not plush by any means, but for the price, it can't be beat. Great Value!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Wilson Lake Inn
Wilson Lake Inn
#1 of 2 in Wilton
The Jolly Drayman at The Briar Lea Inn

Been to Blue Iris Motor Inn? Share your experiences!