“Nice and Cozy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rumford Center
Blue Iris Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rumford Center
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice and Cozy”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Very nice with a lovely view of river from the back porch area accessible from sliding glass door in our room. Proprietor very sweet and very knowledgeable about the history of Rumford. We were given directions to the welcome center who in turn gave us lots of info about site seeing, restaurants, covered bridges in the area. Really enjoyed learning about Hugh Chisholm, the paper mills and ability to walk through Strathglass Park.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank scoobapadi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Central MA
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Excellent motel with a great view of the river. Hosts are very friendly and know the area well. Room was very clean and A/C worked great.

Room Tip: The rooms on both sides of #8 all share a balcony overlooking the river.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ffgrizzley
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This motel was very dated. I will say it was very clean and the lady at
the check in desk could not have been nicer- she went out of her way
to ensure I found a place open to have a meal. The room, however, leaves
much to be desired. It was small but okay. The air conditioner only blew warm air,
so we opened up the patio door to the rear of the building. There were a lot of holes in the screens, so a lot of mosquitoes got into the room. I had to get up six different times in the night to kill mosquitoes, so, therefore, didn't get my much needed rest. The view from the rear of the building is very nice, but the back deck should probably be replaced. You could see in several spots where the wood was rotting. No coffee maker in the room. For the price we paid, it could have at least had a coffee maker. No fridge or microwave, either. Very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Noonanite62
Tampa
Reviewed 29 June 2011

First of all, the rooms are tiny. No amenities, no ice, no coffee, no hair dryer, no wake-up call, nothing. I have never seen a hotel that didn't have coffee in the morning, even at Motel 6. This place is completely bare bones, which would be fine if they were only charging $50 a night, not $75. In summary, if you want almost nothing for the same price as a real motel, stay at the Blue Iris.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mountainman13
NJ
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This place was recommended to us by family and reviews here on TripAdvisor confirmed that it might be a good choice. We went to Rumford for a family wedding in May 2011 for an exteneded weekend.
The place was spotless, the rooms very cute, the people who ran the place were so nice, and the price very good. The bathroom looked brand new. I don't think we could have made a better choice.
We would definitiely stay there again and I recommend the Blue Iris if you are in the Rmford area. The town was really cute, too. It was our first trip there.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MichelleOK
Bucksport Me.
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We chose this motel to stay in both in 2009 and 2010. Had mentioned we would be golfing at Sunday River when making reservations the first time and was surprised the woman checking us in remembered our conversation and seemed to have a genuine interest in making our stay enjoyable. The same was true in 2010 on our return visit. The rooms are somewhat dated but are comfortable and clean and the price makes the throw-back look very easy to accept After !8 holes of golf we hit the pool for almost an hour each visit. te will be booking with them again in 2011.

Room Tip: Get rooms w/river view a furthest from road.
  • Stayed July 2010
2 Thank BucksportMe_Chipshot
Reviewed 3 December 2010

NIce owners, reasonably fine accommodations and plenty clean. However, I was on a tight schedule having to return to a contract and wanted to relax and nap before the next work commitment. The owners asked when I would arrive and commented when I checked in about what we had chatted about in terms of work commitment showing me they were fully aware that I would be there that afternoon. The room was below 50 degrees when I arrived and it took over an hour to bring the temperture up to 60 degrees; not warm enough for me to unbundle from my scarf and jackets and not warm enough to take the nap I had planned so I could rejuvenate. When I returned later that evening the room was toasty warm. Comfortable bed, noise level between units was well insulated from hearing the neighbors. Set up with microwave, small fridge and coffee maker but no coffee packets supplied. It's probably the better priced option in the area and overall adequate to nicer than adequate but turn the heat on before your guests arrive!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast
The Inn at the Rostay
The Inn at the Rostay
#4 of 15 in Bethel

Been to Blue Iris Motor Inn? Share your experiences!