“Very happy surprise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rumford Center
Blue Iris Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rumford Center
Reviewed 27 August 2014

On the way from Acadia Island to Montreal, we stopped at this motel. It was a surprise! A warm welcome by the owner, very clean and spacious room and our room was just completely refurbished. From the back of the rooms you have a nice view on some mountains and a river.
If you are ever passing by and are in need of a very clean, fresh, spacious and quiet motel.....book the Blue Iris!!!

Room Tip: The two rooms on the far right have just been refurbished
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Soepkip

Reviewed 21 August 2014

During my last vacation, I stayed twice at the Blue Iris, Once on the way to Canada and again on my return. Jean, one of the owners, was most efficient during the telephone reservation and very friendly when checking in. We had great conversations about grandkids and kids' books during both times. My first room, think it was #8, was at the end of a long deck overlooking the grounds and river--it was comfortable and I enjoyed the deck. My second room was #11, an efficiency, that I think was recently renovated, painted and updated and while it didn't have a deck, I found it very spacious and liked the extra amenities (fridge, microwave, dishes, etc.) Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SweetBette
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spending the night in the area for the first time, I figured I'd try the Blue Iris Inn, and what a great decision it was. I was greeted by Jean DeSalle, one of the owners, who was incredibly efficient and kind in registering me. I inquired about places to eat, and she gave me two great recommendations. Looking at the outside of the building, noticing that it looks like a typical motor inn, I was stunned by how wonderful the room was inside. The view was gorgeous, and the room was extremely clean and cozy. The only thing lacking is wifi, but I could access Internet on my phone, anyway. There was also an outdoor pool that looked very clean, but I didn't use it. I would easily recommend this to anyone who will be staying in the area!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank JulesG72
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Recently spent a night here on my way into Rangeley. The rooms are very cute and clean. The women at the desk was very helpful and even called our room with an afterthought to give us another breakfast option in the morning as we had an early start. I would definitely stay here again. This place is the best road side motel I have ever seen!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LostGaiter
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had this hotel on my list after reading reviews - booked at the last minute since we didn't know how far we'd travel that day. Easy to find - very friendly and helpful owners. Older motel, but very clean. We love staying at family owned motels like this. Price was very reasonable and had everything we needed for an overnight stay. When we opened the curtain on the patio...WOW! What a nice surprise! A porch lines the entire backside with an awesome view. Wish we would have had an extra day to just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I am pretty fussy about where I stay, but I must say this was a very pleasant surprise . Owner was wonderful. Rooms clean.. Only thing missing was a coffee maker or a microwave..sitting on the back deck was very relaxing..

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mothercat53
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Yes, this is a cute "old-style" motel, but no shampoo? That is a little bit too bare-bones, even for me! No frig, no microwave, no wi-fi. Oh, not even a coffee maker. But, it is clean. I think I will go elsewhere next time. I have gone by it for years and wanted to try it, so, I did. I'm done.

• Stayed: June 2013

Been to Blue Iris Motor Inn? Share your experiences!