“Amazing!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Rumford, Maine
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stopped by the route 2 diner for a breakfast with my friend. I loved it! I highly recommend the "Big Rig Breakfast". For only $9.99 I got 3 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties, hash, home fries, 2 pieces of toast and a pancake. It really fills you up!!! Their chicken finger dinners are great and so is just about everything on their menu. Go to the Route 2 Diner!!!

• Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Amazing breakfasts, whoopie pies, and service!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for some breakfast and left really happy. We tried the lobster omelette with holandaise on it and we were shocked at just how much lobster they put in it for how affordable it was! The house-made corned beef hash was delicious and fried just right, but the portion was kinda small for the $5 price. I would've still been hungry if I hadn't ordered eggs and toast with it. The o'briens were fine just right and the $1 pumpkin whoopie pie was to die for. The atmosphere wasn't anything spectacular (the restrooms are located right in the middle of the dining area!) but we were coming for the food and we left stuffed and happy for under $15. Nice.

• Visited September 2013
Burlington, Vermont
“A great diner!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Housed in a somewhat nondescript building along Route 2, the kitschy wall decor of hanging vintage kitchen utensils with matching curtains doesn't really let you know how great the food's going to be. We stumbled upon the place last year on our annual pilgrimage way up the coast of Maine. Route 2 Diner had just opened at that point and the food was delicious.

This year, we made it a priority to eat at the diner, skipping other mediocre options along the way. It was worth it! The one waitress was managing a full room of diners with seeming ease and skill---she was also responsible for ringing people up, too. She was great. I had an exceptionally delicious haddock burger with coleslaw added right to the sandwich and a side of onion rings. My other half went for a breakfast theme and was very happy with the eggs, pancake, and real homefries.

Although I always make my own bread, I opted to purchase a loaf right there since we were on the way home to an empty frig. Good decision! The bread was perfect.

We don't travel that way often, but will make sure that we include the Route 2 Diner when we do. FYI---it's closed on Tuesdays.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank swimminggirl57
“A yummy classic!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The epitome of an old style, side of the road, diner. Cute & quaint. The same woman seated us, served us & cooked :) super-fresh -perfectly made bison burger & fried-to-perfection fish. The hand-cut fries are just like mom's.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mom of three :) not more
Hinesburg, Vermont
“2nd Visit after poor experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had a visit in 2011(poor experience) while traveling. After writing the owner she sent us a $50 gift certificate to "give us a second chance".We live in the Burlington VT and are not in Rumford Center all that often. Now (2013)there is a new owner and at first she did not want to honor the gift certificate. When we ordered brunch the server said there would be no charge. Nice jesture. Good food. Good value. Hours are 7am to 2pm, a short window. We left $30 of the gift certificate on the table. We were treated fairly given the circumstances. Will stop again.

• Visited June 2013