“Dog friendly”

Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very clean and comfortable rooms. Staff at desk were very accommodating and changed our room because of my broken leg. We have a bernese mountain dog (100 lbs). They had no problem with large dogs as many hotels do. Good choices for breakfast and comfortable bed with helpful staff. I didn't get into the pool, but it sure looked inviting. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Clean room, pleasant staff but location off the beaten path for tourist. Better suited for the business traveler. Our travel agent booked the hotel probably since it was only a one night stay and on way to Logan airport from Northern Maine. Packed hotel with families for the 4th of July so on the noisy side. Not great for a couples stay.

Room Tip: As for a room away from the elevators on a busy day...will cut down on noise from children.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed here before and it is consistently excellent. Would definitely recommend it. It is definitely a credit to the Hilton name. The staff is excellent. The breakfast is as allways excellent and the overall conditionb of the property is excellent

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The building was clean, quiet, attractive and comfortable. Any contact with staff was positive. The facility wasn't difficult to find once we turned off the main highway. Parking was also spacious and convenient. I would stay there again and/or recommend it to any of my acquaintances.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

was not expecting much for this one night business stay but was pleasantly surprised. Arrived late after a long drive. Front desk very helpful and found a local restaurant to deliver some food. Room clean and neat. Full breakfast in morning was all I needed to get me on my way
would stop here again. Great value

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I visited the Portland area and stayed right outside of city. I got to tour the area of Portland and Kennebunkport, Maine. The hotel was clean and the rooms were decent. I enjoyed the continental breakfast provided and the staff was courteous. I highly recommend this hotel if you do not want to pay the high prices downtown Portland. Close by the highway and close to a Portland. Had seafood in this area also and enjoyed area very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was our first time in Maine and we mainly (pardon the pun) went to enjoy some Maine lobster, but also needed to keep our three small children (6,2,1) entertained. We chose this part of Maine because it is the Southernmost tourist area and we are from NJ so it was only 5.5 hours. The hotel was in a perfect location for our purposes. Although it is located in Saco, a non-tourist, blue-collar town, it was great for us because there was no traffic or loud partying going on to disturb our young family. If you are looking for a hotspot right in the center of the action, this is not for you. Try the center of Old Orchard Beach.

However, this hotel was 4 minutes to the Funtown/Splashtown and Aquaboggan parks which meant we could have fun in the morning and head back for lunch and naps to recharge for the evening. It was also only 10 minutes from Old Orchard Beach and Palace Playland and the BEST place to get lobster, Bayleys Lobster POUND (not restaurant). And it was only 15 minutes from Portland and the Maine islands. This to me was a great location.

In addition, I booked this hotel early with no deposit (February) and paid only $120 per night average, including tax. Every morning there was a nice buffet downstairs with a variety of muffins and cereals, but also hot oatmeal, fresh waffles, fruit and two hot items daily, like cheese omelets (microwave eggs), sausage, home fried potatoes, breakfast scramble, etc. I know it's not gourmet, but that is quite a value for a family to have access to. Saved us some money a couple of days.

My only concern is that I stated in my reservation, and I called on the phone prior to my arrival on two occasions that I did not want to use the card they had on file, which was a debit card, for the room stay because it would be "charged" twice and not released for 5 business days. This is because hotels put a hold on your card when you arrive AND charge it when you leave. This doesn't happen on a credit card, which I informed them I would provide upon check-in. Three separate people assured me they do not even hold the funds until check-in when you provide a card for use. Lo and behold, the "manager" had to leave early that day (or at least that's what I was told) and charged my debit card before she left, hours
before check-in time. The woman at the front desk was very kind and accommodating, but I am disappointed because management never even followed up, as I was promised.

In addition, the next day, all of the guests who checked in received care bags full of water and snacks to take to their rooms. My husband asked which guests receive this and the manager at the front desk said all guests received one at check-in. When he explained that we had not, the manager said "well there's nothing I can do about it now". Really? You couldn't give us a measly bag of waters and snacks, even after the mishandling of my debit card, which had funds held for a week that I couldn't use because of your negligence? The handling of all of these situations just demonstrate poor people skills.

Overall, the location of the hotel was perfect for us, the room, which was literally mid-renovation, was beautiful and cozy, the staff was very accommodating, BUT management is lacking and doesn't deal well with problems or guest concerns. In fact, there was no dealing at all.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
#6 of 10 in Saco
11 mi away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit

Been to Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford? Share your experiences!