“AVOID this place stay at Hampton Inn if you want a cleaner place!”
Review of Rodeway Inn Saco

Rodeway Inn Saco
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Cant believe this place is in business. Nasty and uncaring front desk personnel, dirty and disgusting beds, floors and bathroom. Plus a front door which did not close all the way, left a gap, was scared we would be robbed at night!. That plus the noise from other rooms and the traffic in front of the place. The pool was too cloudy to swim, told the kids no, there MUST be health codes violated. I did contact the BBB so not sure what that would do.
WOW!
Next time we stayed at Hampton Inn for the same price real luxury clean and nice!

Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Dalvay
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Saco

Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed for 4 nights, only because owner/manager would not refund us. The room smelled badly...had to buy Febreeze, candles and deodorizers. The kitchenette was not clean. The toilet leaked, the tub was not clean. The bedspreads had cigarettes burns, and the blankets had bodily fluids on them. We asked for new linens and were told they did not have any extra. This tells me that blankets and spreads are never washed. We had to beg for 2 extra towels each day...even though we paid for 4 adults. This place is really the pits. This hotel/motel should be subject to random health inspections.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Rubyjohn1998
Reviewed 15 May 2008

When I stayed here for my vacation last year, I found the room to be very small and rather shabby, with threadbare blankets on the bed. The whole place was pretty dumpy, actually, especially the pool -- the pictures totally lie, 'cause in person, it's not only sketchy-looking (the water was an odd greenish hue that didn't look very clean) but TINY. You couldn't swim a lap in that thing. In fact, you could probably push off from one end and touch the other end -- it must've been eight or 10 feet wide, tops, I kid you not.

That said, the staff was friendly, the location's pretty good (and Ferry Beach isn't too far away, which I wholeheartedly recommend), and the price was reasonable for being the height of tourist season. I'd probably look for somewhere nicer next time, but you could do worse.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank Ravenclaw79
Reviewed 15 October 2007

The cleanliness, decor, comfort, of the room was excellent. the manager was very friendly and helpful. the location is very convenient to many attractions and restaurants. would recommend this hotel to friends and family

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 June 2007

We stayed at the rodewayinn in saco, maine. it was a pleasant stay, the location was convenient to all the restaurants, minutes away from old orchard beach and saco downtown areas. the rooms were good looking and comfortable, indoor heated pool was well maintained. breakfast was served in the morning. would like to stay again, and recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 September 2006

It wasn't the worst hotel ever, but I won't go there again. A must-have feature for us is an indoor pool. It was very cloudy and after my son was in it for a few minutes we decided it was too gross and got him out. He LOVES to swim, so we were all upset by this. There were other little things, maintenance problems, that were neglected but not horrible. There were also no ice machines, which are pretty customary, and the walls seemed pretty thin. The bed was rock hard, but I'm used to a waterbed. The hot tub wasn't even working.

The good things were the microwave and fridge in every room, and the room was quite big. (We had one Queen bed.) The manager was very friendly and didn't seem to mind at all that we checked in very late, at 11:30 p.m.

I got brochures from the 2 hotels across the road. They looked much nicer and not that expensive.

• Stayed: September 2006
1  Thank skinnyone
Reviewed 16 August 2006

me and my family came from Ohio state and stayed in this motel
foe 3 nights with 2 beds with kitchenette.
my children loved the motel ,its pool and the AM breakfast.
we certainly recommend this motel to anybody.
Fdc was really helpful.

1  Thank claassic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Marvin Gardens Motel
Marvin Gardens Motel
#32 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn Saco? Share your experiences!