“Classic motel at a reasonable price”
Review of Saco Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saco
Saco Motel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed 22 August 2013

The Saco Motel has the look of the 1950's. It is very clean, quiet and comfortable, and the owners work hard to keep it that way. The location is central, in the heart of Saco, anc close to Old Orchard Beach and Biddeford, just minutes from the Maine Turnpike north and south. There are dozens of restaurants within a short disatnce, and a few within walking distance. Though a bargain hotel, it is great for both business people and families, and offers a clean, well-maintained swimming pool. The motel has been owned by the same family for many decades, and many of its clientele return again and again. Coffee, danish and cereal offered for breakfast, easy parking, and free wi-fi for the internet crowd. Best lodging buy in the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are clean and good; one wing is meant for families; another, in the back, is quiete...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Linguaprof

Reviewed 20 May 2013

What a great experience. First the motel - clean, pleasant and modest rates. A family run operation and it shows the pride of ownership. The coffee in the morning was very good (a rare thing) and the breakfast treats yummy.

The best part - the owners. We found ourselves with a flat tire on our trailer. Happily in the motel parking lot. No spare. In the dim light of a flashlight the owner was out helping us. He got his jack, his lug wrench and his blocking. We had the tire off in little time and were ready to search for a new tire in the morning. Two hours in the morning and we were on our way.

I will travel this way again and I will not consider staying anyplace else. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They all look good
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Humblebub
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Very clean, very basic. What they do nicely- instead of trying to hide what is a 1950s style property, they've embraced what it is and celebrate it. Make no mistake, even the bathrooms are very 1950 right down to the exposed pipes, crank style louvered windows, and linoleum flooring. Never the less, it was spotless. Pool was clean and water was properly balanced. You should know the property is right on a busy road if that matters to you. Coffee, basic cereal, cheap muffins and imitation OJ are available outside the room, fridge and microwave in the room are a big plus for families. For convenience, there is a deli style pizzeria right next door open late that sells food, wine and beer to eat in or go.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the middle. if you're on the end you'll hear busy route 1, if you're...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I've stayed 4 days at the Saco Motel. The stay was really nice and so is the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Gisele. She explained everything I had available and gave me the password for internet access which was extremely fast, and I was very satisfied. She mapped out the way to my room and answered questions I had about the area.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this Motel, but my warmest congratulations to the Motel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Everything was no less than fantastic while staying here. I plan on making a trip to Maine a yearly must, and will without a doubt be staying at the Saco Motel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank amanda s
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We frequently visit family in the area and always stay at this establishment. The motel itself is extrmely clean as well as the grounds. You can tell it is family owned and operated and that they take pride in what they do as it is well taken care of. The issue I have with franchise motels is that while you may be paying for the name you may not nessicarily be paying for a clean room, as the staff have no real vested intrest in the appearence of the room . Rest assured the staff here are the owners and they have a vested intrest in your experince, the rooms are always immaculate. The place is extremely affordable, no need to pay twice as much somewhere else just because it has a Holiday Inn sign above it. I know the apprehension of staying at mom and pop establishments is you-dont-know-what-you'll-find. Rest assured this stone is already left turned over and is a great deal.

Room Tip: Good breakfast in the AM!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Danny W
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Close enough to OOB without the expense. The rooms are dated but very clean with everything you need. This is nothing special, but the owners are very friendly and the bathrooms are very clean! The beds could be more comfortable, but I guess I don't expect much in this type of sweep 'em out motel. All we do is sleep here so for that it is a reasonable rate close to one of our favorite beaches! We have stayed here for the past 3 labor day weekends and we have seen many repeaters there with us. The price is right!

Room Tip: They offer no smoking rooms which is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We made reservations at the Saco Motel and have regretted it ever since.

The biggest red flag should have been the awful attitude of the man who answered the phone at the hotel. I simply wanted to reserve a room for my family for two nights and he was nasty and rude during the entire transaction. Realizing that it's a summer weekend in Maine, and that there would be limited hotel availability anywhere, I decided keep the reservation even though he has a nasty attitude. We needed the room so I put up with it.

Today I called to reconfirm our reservation and got lambasted by the same exact man who I spoke with earlier this week. He was literally furious that I had called and asked my why I needed to confirm a hotel reservation. To me this is standard practice, but to him it was simply a guest being annoying. I hung up on him and then called back a third time. This time a woman answered and I told her about what had happened. She said and I quote, "I know, I know. We really need to talk to him and tell him not to do that anymore." Well they lost a customer and I will be sure to inform my friends and family to avoid the Saco Motel like the plague. I cancelled the reservation and booked a room at the Ramada Saco. They treated me like they actually WANTED my business.

Heed my advice, make reservations at any other hotel in the area and get 100% better service and quality.

Avoid the Saco Motel like the plague.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank dorchesterdd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#7 of 10 in Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area

Been to Saco Motel? Share your experiences!