“BEWARE!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Boston, Massachusetts
“BEWARE!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I original wrote a review of this property giving it good reviews. But since deleted it. The hotel is a nice property and staff assumed nice until I received my bill. I had booked my room through Hotwire. This is the 1st time I've ever booked from them. So I was not familiar with the process. I had booked two rooms. So when I got to hotel I asked that the bill for the room be split up since my sis would be staying in the other room. So when we checked out my sis was charged on her credit card a full night. And I decided to pay with cash for a full night. I did ask for a receipt but I was told by front desk I needed to get it from Hotwire. I know I should have demanded something in writing. But I figured the person who I gave the cash to would document it and be honest. I gave her to much credit. So to make a now long story short. I was charged on my credit card the full amount for 2 rooms from Hotwire, plus the cash that I paid with. When I contacted the hotel (manager did respond fairly quickly) she had no record of me paying cash but did refund my sis portion. Which tells me that the girl (she doesnt work there anymore) who checked me out stole the money. And now I am s.o.l.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel was clean and generally well kept. We enjoyed the outdoor pool and the complimentary breakfast was good, with ample selection. The room was good but nothing fancy. The location was good, handy to where we wanted to visit. We thought the price was a little high for what we got. We would consider staying at this hotel in the future but we would check into what else was available in the area first.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
#14 of 20 in Portland
Alouette Beach Resort
Alouette Beach Resort
#18 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!