“Definitely will go back!”

Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Reviewed 8 August 2009

A wonderful hotel with everything you could need while on the road. Close to many attractions and the beach, and a very friendly and helpful staff. I hope to go there again someday soon. And breakfast was great.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariefla

Reviewed 29 November 2008

This was really bad, it was so bad I am not sure I will ever come back to Maine. Every thing from the extreamly grumpy staff to the runny scrambled eggs in the morning. It all leads up to one thing. Bad food, bad service and terrible accomodations. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone EVER.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 6 October 2008

We stayed at this Holiday Inn for one night in August. Everything was great.....especially the breakfast...it was amazing! would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2008

My family (2 adults and 2 children) have stayed here for 3-5 days most summers over the last 5-6 years including this year while visiting family. We always stay in the largest room type ( a two room suite with bedroom and livingroom /light kitchenette / sleeper sofa). While there are still some positives, the facility and our experience has been deteriorating in the last couple of years. Signs of deterioration: (1) the room furnishings need replacing - rickety furniture legs, stained upholstery, an almost unusable sofa/sleeper, lots of wear and tear on walls and counters all of which give the accommodations a tired look; (2) a few years ago, the mini-kitchenette was modestly stocked with some convenience items (silverware, a few plates, mugs and glasses, dish detergent) - all of that is gone replaced by the cheapest of plastic silverware only; (3) while the staff are still very friendly and polite, the performance has dropped off significantly -- upon check-in the room was not cleaned well (which repeated itself during our stay), there were no sheets / pillows for the sofa sleeper in the room and the TV remote in one room was missing and not working in the other. While the staff responded to each of the missing items, we shouldn't be making calls for such simple things. Additionally, on both days that I took one of my children down to use the outdoor pool, the towel rack was empty; requests to restock were greeted cheerfully, but still no towels 30 minutes later.

To the hotel's continuing credit: (a) convenient location to get to attractions in the southern Maine area; (b)outdoor pool is large by today's low standards; (c) large parking lot, (d) grassy areas around property make for decent play areas to toss a ball around with kids (e) a problem with our reservation was resolved quickly and we were given a rate reduction for our small trouble.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank njkvr
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We first were assigned a room on the third floor, but as we got off the elevator we heard dogs barking at each other from rooms across the hall. Before we even opened our room, we went back down to the front desk and asked for a room on another floor. We were immediately given a room on the fourth floor instead, where there was no barking to be heard. The front desk clerk told us they didn't know there were dogs staying on the third floor. Guests are supposed to inform the desk when they check in with dogs, and they usually try to put all of the dogs on the first floor.
In any case, our room was adequate, but it faced I-95. When our AC kicked off during the night, the noise from I-95 was quite loud, even at 3 AM!
The breakfast was adequate, but it was nice to have complimentary newspapers, including the Portland paper, not just USA Today. And the staff was helpful and friendly, although the directions for nearby restaurants, put together by one of the clerks, only listed turns, but not the names of any of the streets.
The hotel has a convenient location, right off I-95, and it's only 10 minutes or so to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2008

We called the hotel and they gave us a great rate so we went down and checked in the lobby looked good and the women at the front desk was raven about how nice the hotel was and how much we'd love it.We then proceeded to our room the soon as I got off the elavator there was a horrible oder ,my two year old son said moomy its stinky, I looked up at the ceiling and there was mold, I then proceeded to my room hoping for the best there were stains on the towels, cigarrete holes in the blankets and this was suppose to be a none smoking room,smears on the mirrors,the floor hadn't looked like it had been vaccumed in a week,and still that horrible oder so I went right back down and checked out the lady informed me I would be refunded its been two weeks and I still haven't gotten my money back . I will never stay at a holiday inn after this expierance they just lost a really good customer

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2008

I had business nearby and opted for this HI Express over other nearby hotels based on the high ratings I read here. The place was okay, but not great. We were upgraded to a 'suite' upon check-in thanks to my Platinum status with IC hotels. The room was only slightly bigger than a standard room. There were standard amenities in the room and a smaller TV. The bed was not very comfortable, but there were a lot of pillows on the bed (which I appreciate). The place was certainly clean and a newer hotel. We were very disappointed that there was no indoor pool--an outdoor pool in Maine? C'mon! :)

The staff was very helpful in finding us a nice dining option in Portland. The breakfast was above average for a HIX.

One hint...I was booked in online at $99.00. The lady in front of me checking in did not have a reservation, but whipped out a coupon book which had a $69.00 rate for this property. When I checked in, I asked if I could get that rate, the guy said he couldn't because I'd booked in advance and the coupon was for 'off the street' people seeking rooms. Since it was before 6PM, I could cancel without penalty, I told him "I'll cancel my reservation and for $30, I'll drive an exit over and get the book from the rest area/travel center". He didn't call my bluff and adjusted my rate. Very nice!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichWorldTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Alouette Beach Resort
Alouette Beach Resort
#17 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!