“Good Hotel, No complaints”

Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Saco
Boston
“Good Hotel, No complaints”
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Ramada Saco for the 4th of July weekend. My main destination was Old Orchard beach, and it was about a 7 minute drive or so. The final night (July 4th) we took a cab and it was $16 each way.
Check in was really easy, the front desk attendant was very helpful. The breakfast was fine, nothing great but something to eat each morning. Overall I would reccomend the hotel to someone going up to the area. While the drive is kind of annoying, it's worth knowing your staying somewhere decent at an affordable price. Many of the Motels on OOB double the price of the nicer Ramada.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B40Traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 June 2010

To clarify... this was a Holiday inn and it became a Ramada in March 2010. The location was fine.. away but close enough and it was quiet. It was clean and they had a nice free breakfast each morning. The beds were very comfortable. I wished the TV had a DVD in it, but we had a portable DVD player.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank JULRUF
Mountain View, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Saco Holiday Inn Express. It was difficult to find and the parking is not convenient for the hotel, but the place was nice. I thought the service was good.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Razorfish
new jersey
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Was dissapointed in a recent stay at hi express in saco, me... the good points... staff was very friendly, beds were cofortable and clean. comp breakfast was good.
negatives that will cause me to possibly avoid hi express again. bathroom, mold on caulk around bathtub, cracks and many spots of disrepair, extreamly dirty behind toilet and around the walls on the floor. fixtures were dirty and crusted (calcium). bedroom, food or blood on wall above desk, stains on desk chair, temp controls on heater were broken, tv remote was broken (prob battery)...
Hotel was sparsley occupied so you would think they would put guests in the best rooms first? they put us in this room on the highway 95 side of the hotel (road noise) with all the problems outlined above

folks...when you write a review put your room# it helps for future reference :)

• Stayed December 2009
vermont
Reviewed 7 September 2009

The room was pleasant and clean. I read other reviews which stated that the hotel is noisy, and I could hear my children very well in the room from the hallway. This didn't happen to be a problem for me, as I understand kids make noise. I just hope we didn't bother anyone else.
The breakfast was outstanding. The cinnamon rolls that you read about were fabulous, and I found that you can order them to be delivered to your home. It was great to have a quality breakfast so we didn't have to bother go somewhere else. Also, the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful.
The downsides definitely included the price! While at the beach I saw a friend of mine who was staying directly on the beach with a kitchenette and her hotel was actually a bit cheaper. You do have to travel to get anywhere from the hotel; the first night we actually had a hard time finding a restaurant if you can believe it.
Another thing was a bit scary - the windows in the hotel room open, which is nice, but they also fold out. This seemed to me to be a very dangerous falling hazard for families with small children. A toddler could easily climb up the incline created by the tilted-in widows and fall out of the widow. We were on the third floor. I find it hard to believe there isn't some building code that should prevent this. At any rate I would strongly caution parents of little ones about this so they could be aware. Also a negative was the laundry service advertised - the washer was a dinky little home type which had an out of order sign anyway. There was no laundry room - it was just thrown in at the end of the hall. This was disappointing to me as I always do our laundry before we leave a vacation.
All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Express Hotels and this is one of the better ones. The hotel is convenient to the beaches, amusement parks, restaurants, etc... The staff is friendly and went out of their way to make us comfortable. They recommended a great restaurant for families and offered discounts to area attractions . They even helped us maximize our Rewards points for this stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Our room faced I-95 and we had no issues with noise even when the A/C was not running. The A/C is wonderful, by the way. We usually roast because of the limits on the thermostat, but this hotel has great A/C. The pool is larger and outdoors, which we prefered for this stay because the weather was so nice. We will definitely choose this hotel again when we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Redbudian
Reviewed 8 August 2009

A wonderful hotel with everything you could need while on the road. Close to many attractions and the beach, and a very friendly and helpful staff. I hope to go there again someday soon. And breakfast was great.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Mariefla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saco
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
The Edgewater
The Edgewater
#6 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area? Share your experiences!