“Wonderful Place”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sanford
Glendale, Arizona
“Wonderful Place”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This place is Absolutly wonderful. I went here after having issues with another place during my travels and it was an amazing experience. The staff was extremely polite and accommodating. The prices are very reasonable. This is a very well upkept older style inne. I would Definitly use them again during my travels.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Jonathan L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Jacksonville Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. It is very old, and has next to no amenities. I didn't even have a night stand or a clock. The air conditioner was old and coated with dust, TV is a small 19" on a stand that was also coated with dust, shower is rusty. There is no luggage rack of any sort (used a chair), and no place to put your stuff in the bathroom. The sheets were clean as was the toilet and sink. The edge of the carpet all along the baseboard looked filthy. They provided free coffee and a continental breakfast in the the foyer on Saturday and Sunday. No clerks though. We also received no maid service on Sunday and had to negotiate the price of the room down to a fair amount. They were charging about $100 a night (with tax). The Oakwood is the only game in town so I guess they get away with it. My advice is to find another town.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank FaithMH
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I had a really great experience staying here about 3 weeks ago. I needed a place to stay while in town for a 50th wedding anniversary. I wanted to stay only 1 night, and it was a saturday night. Since it is summer in Maine, I was worried that there would be a 2 or 3 night minimun, but when I called the Inn to inquire, I was told no problem to only stay 1 night. The woman on the phone was delightful, I wish I could remember her name. She booked a room for me and my spouse, and asked if I had AAA, or any other membership that would qualify me for a discount. I said no, and she said "well, I'll give you 10% off anyways!" So nice!!! As we got closer to the date, my mother decided to come with us for the party. I happened to be in town (we have family in the area) the weekend before the party, so I stopped in the office to see if we could get a bigger room. The woman at the desk was completely accomodating, and found us a larger room with 2 bedrooms, and the price was still only about $30 more than the 1 bedroom!

The room was perfect - literally just 2 bedrooms and 1 bath, but there was a door between the 2 bedrooms for privacy. Each bedroom had a TV. Everything was clean, and worked fine. There was also a small fridge and microwave in the room. The room was older, so I don't want to give a false impression that this is a luxury place or anything like that. But if you want a clean, pleasant place to stay, you will not be disappointed. I can't say enough about the staff, they were so unbelievably friendly and helpful, they really classed the place up. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

I gave this 4 stars, because it was affordable and pleassant. Again, it's older and you can tell it hasn't been updated in awhile (small tv's, etc) but it's perfect for my needs!

Thanks to the staff for all of their help!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JNow917
Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I came for a business training. I wanted something different and quiet. This pretty much fit the bill I stayed in room 109 (looks exaxtly like the pics GweeVermont posted) very basic does have a deadbolt. I only paid $64 a Night. Fit the bill

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SaCrank
Vermont
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Motel is not up to date, and is barely adequate. We were in town for a wedding and the location was our basic criteria... we should have checked further! We were told the in-town property was very close to the reception location - but it was definitely not within walking distance. For $101.50/night, we stayed in an "out building", with a squishy spring-type bed, dusty and cobwebby 60's-era knotty-pine walls, a tiny (but clean) bathroom with a shower stall measuring 24"x24", and one stark lightbulb over the small bathroom mirror (makeup application, anyone?) - no fan in the bathroom, and only one outlet (hairdryer OR curling iron) located above the sink. We asked for a hair dryer, had to go get it. We found nail clippings on the carpet, spoiled food and opened bottles of soda and wine in the cube fridge. Microwave needed to be wiped out. The bed had one nightstand with broken drawer. Only two drawers for clothing, beneath the very small CRT television (which did have great cable). Closet with old hangers, some from dept store sales racks. Desk was ancient, as was all the furniture, which also included a very small stuffed chair. The worst feature was the east-facing window, with butter-colored drapes and sheers and plastic mini-blinds, with absolutely no way to block the morning light from waking us up 4 hours too early. From 2 am to 4 am there was a yelling, screaming, and door slamming party, and no assistance - the office was closed more than it was open. Check-in was fast, with little communication from the clerk regarding amenities (there weren't any...), but we were "invited" to get a discount at a nearby restaurant if we showed our hotel receipt. Our trash was not removed from the room, although the bed was made up. We feel we paid twice what we should have paid for the room. There was no interest in our opinion during our stay, and no "thank-you" for our business. There is a realtor's office within the hotel office, and there are big signs on the main hotel building indicating that the property is for sale. Apparently there is more interest in selling the hotel and/or real estate than providing service or appropriate accommodations for guests. We are normally easy to please, but this place was not up to par, not what they represented, and far from what travellers should expect for accommodations.

Room Tip: MAYBE the rooms in the actual INN are better... we don't know, as the office is located at the b...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I travel to be with family for the 4th of July celebrations. Stayed at Oak Wood Inn. It was not only within walking distance of the festivities, and great restaurants, It felt like saying with family, very homey, clean, lovely service staff. Thanks. See ya'll next time I'm in the area. - Connecticut

• Stayed July 2010
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Wonderful peaceful Inn in Sanford....very clean rooms...super location, close to everything in South Maine....Bob, Marie and the other workers are great people and always ready to help with any needs you might have....if you are looking for a quiet, lovely place to stay, this is for you....will return as soon as possible....love the INN....Tommy and Patty Bassett, Columbus, Ga.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester
The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Hampton Inn & Suites Wells-Ogunquit
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Super 8 Sanford Kennebunkport Area

Been to Oakwood Inn Town Motel? Share your experiences!