I travel for business nearly every week of the year. I am accustomed to staying at hotels and have never had a hotel treat me as poorly as this hotel did. I'm not usually one to complain, but I was overcharged, shouted at, and lied to by the manager of the Scarborough, ME location.
I made my reservation on my smartphone the same day as my arrival. After I got the confirmation e-mail, I realized I made the reservation for the wrong location. I was hundreds of miles away from the Scarborough, ME location. As soon as I realized the problem, I called the property directly to cancel the reservation. The gentleman I spoke to said it was no problem, he understood and would override the cancellation policy.
A few days later, I checked my credit card statement. I had 2 charges for over $130 each from this hotel. I immediately called the property to resolve the issue. I spoke with the manager who was very rude. He explained that 1 $130 charge was for the room, and the other $130 charge was for being a no-call, no-show. I explained that I did call and that I was told the reservation would be cancelled. He kept talking over me, even went to the point of shouting at me. He told me that I never called to cancel the reservation. He told me there was nothing he could do about the charges.
Once I told him that I would have to get corporate or the legal system involved, he offered one free night at his location with a 30-day in advance reservation. I didn't accept this offer for a few reasons: 1) I would never feel comfortable at a hotel where the manager shouts at his guests/potential guests. 2) I was charged over $260 for one night for a room I never stayed in. 3) I never know even 1 day in advance where my work will take me. I can't make a reservation 1 week in advance, let alone 30 days.
I ended up escalating this problem to corporate. I was told the hotel had a few days to respond to my complaint. No one from that property ever contacted me or refunded me. I reported the problem to my credit card company who will take care of the issue for me.
I would never stay at this property. I would never recommend this property to any of my colleagues, friends or family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 100 percent non-smoking BRAND NEW Comfort Inn & Suites hotel is conveniently located off Route 1, just five miles from Portland International Jetport. Old Orchard Beach, Higgins Beach, Pine Point Beach, Scarborough Beach State Park and the University of Southern Maine are all just minutes away from this Scarborough, ME hotel. Guests of this Scarborough, ME hotel are invited to enjoy amenities and features like: * Free deluxe continental breakfast * Free wireless high-speed Internet access * Free local calls * Indoor heated pool * Exercise room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Scarborough
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Comfort Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn & Suites Scarborough, Maine