“Out of the Way good deal”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Out of the Way good deal”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Off I 95 just before Portland good price fair breakfast pleasant professional staff. Need a place to get away from the bustle - April and May this is the place - very clean room, bedding and bathroom. These qualities are important and we were pleased with the property

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gordon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hinesburg, Vermont
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Rooms did not have a mini frig. Ice makers on 2nd and 3rd floors did not work. We had to discover this the hard way and found the only working one on the 1st floor (the last place we looked, of course).Would have been nice if the check-in person had given us a "heads up". Complimentary breakfast period is too short and lacking in choice.
The called in wake up call to the front desk was 1/2 hour earlier than requested.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cavendish, Vermont
Reviewed 20 March 2014

While the room itself was comfortable there were a few details overlooked. 1st the carpet/wall had previous water damage that should have been addressed. 2nd the toilet seat in the bathroom was missing a hinge on one side which could be fixed pretty easily. The housekeeping person did a good job, but should have checked the tissue box it only had one tissue left so I had to get another box at the front desk. The front desk person (Pam) could work on her customer service. When I made reservations through a 3rd party there were only two queen beds, so I took it and thought perhaps I could get a king bed or at least try. Well Pam was more worried about getting the money from the 3rd party then trying to perhaps give us an upgrade to a king bedded room and when I went online they were available..... I would have even paid the upgrade fee, but it was never offered.

Room Tip: If you make a reservation through a 3rd party like Orbitz, Expedia or Travelocity make sure you get...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Saco, Maine
Reviewed 14 February 2014

You need a lot of it. Called and made a reservation for 2 nights, originally just Fri. then added Thurs. Checked in which took a good 25 minutes as the woman at he desk kept mentioning the "he messed everything up" the gentleman working the shift prior to her she explained. She gave me the room key and then so oh no wait, it isn't clean. I'll go check it, she did and said it was all set and blamed the person working prior to her. Nights stay was fine, I wasn't sure if I would need the additional night so I called the front desk to cancel it but she couldn't find the reservation. Given my check in experience, I wasn't confident that it wasn't in there and didn't want to be charged if I wasn't staying and cancelled early enough. I gave her my confirmation number and she still said no reservation for an additional night. Then she asked if the person checking me (her) had me pay the pet fee as I had my dog. I said no and she said well you need to pay that, so I did. She processed my card and started laughing as she accidentally entered $25K (turns out when I checked my card it was $2500) instead of $25. I really didn't see that as being comical but apparently she did. I did verify that it was reversed on my card. The next morning, the hairdryer would stay on for about 30 seconds and then shut off. I was in a little bit of a hurry, so called down and she told me to blow into it-I tell the truth here, because that works for her at home. Well after letting the dryer rest, it came back for about 30 sec. and we did this dance until my hair was dry. Can I complain for $77/night, maybe I shouldn't but $77/night is still enough to ask for decent customer service and a hair dryer that works.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We took advantage of the "One Night Free after 2 Trips" and the "30% early booking" promotions which gave us a really nice one room suite at a bargain basement price with extra rewards to follow. As frequent travellers, we've learned that there are many advantages to joining rewards programmes such as that offered by the major chains.

The suite had been recently renovated and the built in fridge didn't have a freezer section which was needed to re-freeze my freezer packs that would be used the following day to transport medications. When I asked the desk clerk if there was some way to deal with this problem, she offered to store the freezer packs in the pantry freezer with my name and room number on the bag we put them into. Then she took me to the freezer and explained that I could retrieve them at any time. She was honestly delighted that she was able to solve the problem. Helpful, she was, to the nth degree and always with a smile.

A hot breakfast is a great way to set off on the next leg of our journey and the one available here was about as good as any could be. A good assortment of items including sausages, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, etc. There were many more choices than can be found in my kitchen at home and the quality was just as good!

Through no fault of the hotel, the off season nearby sea food restaurant closure was a bit of a dissapointment. A bit further down the road was a family restaurant that filled the gap.

In summary, a nice hotel, close to the highway with honestly caring staff. We'll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel and we are pleased with both visits. The decor is modern and inviting. The breakfast is above what most hotels provide. Very nice and accessible to all the area attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Clean, quiet adequate hotel. The pool was not inviting. The common area is good but the breakfast area rather small. The rooms/beds were very comfortable. As one of several attendees and participants in a wedding, the hotel offered a discounted rate for the block of rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
#2 of 14 in South Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,243 reviews
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!