The Admiral Motel
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$97
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Higgins Beach Inn(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$184
US$418
US$359
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$507/night.

Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$137
Hotels.com
US$119
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$154
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$124
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough(Scarborough)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$173
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We booked this Motel on line and we were extremely happy with our choice. This is a older small Motel that is perfect if your looking for a place that is Clean, quiet, affordable and centrally located to everything. The View is beautiful and the Owners take great pride in how clean the Motel is inside and out. They are very nice people who are always around the grounds. We were able to access several beaches, state parks, restaurants, attractions and Portland within minutes. We were on a Motorcycle and this location was Ideal for us as it was off the Road and easy to get in and out from. We will for sure book here again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Davesgirl420
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have stayed at the Admiral a number of times over a few years. It is indeed a bit older, not fancy AND it is the price and the Very nice owners are what keep me coming back. They are located right next to Anjohn's restaurant which means they are just down the road from Pine Point public beach and Portland is maybe 20 minutes away. I basically spend my days either at the beach or in Portland so I wouldn't want to be spending a whole bunch of money for a room I basically just sleep in. If you are looking for a low cost, clean, quiet, decently located motel, the Admiral is just perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank KristiSierra
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights to take a little staycation away from home. Checked in around 5pm - had to ring the bell to get into office as the family who runs it actually lives in the attached house. Was in the room in minutes - Was given a room with 2 doubles rather than the queen I had booked. That was fine since I was alone. Room was VERY clean, beds comfy with good pillows. Small tube TV, microwave & refrigerator. Bathroom very clean as well with tub/shower combination. At checkin there were no air conditioners in any rooms - the weather for the next day was to be sweltering heat & humidity. I questioned the front desk & they told me that they were putting the AC in that day. When I arrived back from my day they were there. Thank you for the AC!! The place is older but they have really maintained the overall condition of the place. Rooms are spotless, management was available when needed but it was very quiet overall. The location is right on the marsh in Scarborough with nice, peaceful views. I would definitely stay here again when I am on a budget and don't feel the need to have an immense amount of amenities. For what I needed, this place was just fine.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank robertwcook
Reviewed 2 August 2008

We had not planned to stop for the night yet but a terrible rain storm brought us in off the interstate to find shelter. The name brand chain hotel down the street was taking advantage of travelers pulling off the road to seek shelter...a room that normally would rent for around $100.00 a night was quoted with a AAA discount at $205.00 for the night...we said "no way" and headed down the street to this "mom and pop motel". We were quoted a price of $70.00 for the night and took it. I was soaking wet from running in and out of the other hotel and we were happy to have a shelter for the night. To our delight the room was spotless...fresh paint on the walls, very clean crisp sheets and plenty of good towels. For a older motor inn this property has been restored and was very nice for the price. We were also very pleased with the service we received from the man at the desk. He bent over backwards to accomodate us and help me get on his wireless internet...I never could get a strong enough signal from room six but I certainly appreciated his interest in helping me. In the morning as we were packing the car he came out and told us he had coffee made. I was impressed with the fact that during the rain storm the owner was out bringing his hanging flower baskets down to get a good watering from mother nature...it showed real pride in ownership! I would stay there again over the chain down the street at more than double the price. The mom and pop motels in Maine are very clean and nice and most have been restored to their original glory.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank loveavacation123