“Retro Motel, Decent Price”
Review of The Admiral Motel

The Admiral Motel
and 1 more site!
The Admiral Motel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The rooms were clean, the price was right. It had wifi. Stayed here on a recent trip to Old Orchard Beach. Was an 8 minute drive. Close to flea markets. Family run, they do try hard and I have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaleShaffer

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The rooms are small and dark - one window in front mostly taken up by A/C and everything is loud -- the A/C, the toilet, the traffic on Route 1. (bring earplugs) But more importantly, it's very clean and the owners were friendly. Request for more towels quickly met. Also like fact there is continental breakfast.
For high season close to the coast of Maine this is a bargain at $118 a night. This old-fashioned motel is good choice for those on a budget -- has micro and frig as well. Also close to beaches and other attractions in area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Minimainer
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for an extended stay as I was working in the area. My toilet leaked for the entire time and mildewed, housekeeping never came. TERRIBLY RUDE OWNERS! Stay at any other local motel but here! Well I would avoid the Downeaster down the street ad well, But

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We needed a place to stay overnight en-route to Seneca Falls from St-John New Brunswick, booked late so limited choice on a budget. This motel had everything we needed; close to our route, convenient parking outside the room, and even though it's out of town there are good restaurants, fast food outlets and fuel station close by. The accommodation is laid out as standard roadside motel style. Our room was very clean but the fridge didn't work. The decor was ok but more importantly the bed fairly comfortable, good hot shower, although the AC was very noisy so we were glad it was not too hot and didn't need to use it. The check-in could be easier, we had to keep ringing the bell and felt a bit like we were disturbing the owners. However, the owners were helpful and pleasant. I woudl use again for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: All rooms in a row and facing the parking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FionaHolidays13
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Clean, quite, friendly and accomidating staff. We will stay there again. Reasonable rates in a good location. Surprisingly nice contenental breakfast served in the morning which saved our family a bundle.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank blazeluv
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I made a reservation for this motel. When I checked in and saw and smelled my room I felt instant regret and some trepidation. The motel is old, the rooms are not kept up and it is in an isolated spot. I was traveling alone. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't sleep. When I met back up with the people I had come to see, they asked me how the motel was. I told them it was terrible. They said I definitely should not stay, that they had plenty of room, do we went and got my stuff. What a relief not to have to spend the night there. Not only was the room and bathroom bad, the air conditioner was tiny and very noisy. It could be a nice place if they fixed it up, got a more secure lock system, and aired the rooms out from the previous guest. If my friends had not offered me a bed in their home, I think I may just have driven home that night. Awful!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Checked in to find a dirty room that smelled terrible. The floors were worn and the bathroom had a slippery film on the surface. To our surprise, on the wall was a smashed cockroach. That was enough, so we went to the office to indicate we could not stay. The manager refused to refund any part of the stay and was not sympathetic. The pictures look clean but I would avoid this place and spend a few extra dollars for a nicer location in Portland. This is one to avoid--

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford

Been to The Admiral Motel? Share your experiences!