“Best Camp Resort Around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayleys Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scarborough
Bayleys Camping Resort
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Best Camp Resort Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family and I have camped here three times and we just booked a week for our fourth. We camped in a tent, and we camped in a pop up. This time we bought a travel trailer and cant wait to go. Every time has been amazing. I seen a few bad reviews and I must say, there is always the one family that comes who have no respect for others. There were times young kids were making lots of noise in the playground at 11pm. Security did come and take care of it swiftly. Who lets there little ones to hang out unsupervised at that hour anyway? I also seen parents get very upset when there younger than 10 years of age children cant go in the hot tub! I am sorry but its not safe for children to be in a hot tub and kids do have a tendancy to urinate in them. Common sense? Then there can be the occasional drunk family that gets loud beyond midnight. They are harmless, actually sometimes funny to listen too. I also seen a few that camping was just not right for them. Rules are there so everyone can enjoy a good safe stay. I dont agree with all of them but understand why they have to have them. On to the good things, the campground is very clean, lots of things to do, pools are clean, restaurant has good food, great entertainment, great bunch of people who go camping there, Bayleys is an amazing place for camping. This place goes beyond what it takes for those family memories that last forever. Its a place for people that like to go camping with other familys. Its not one of those creepy quiet camp grounds where nobody has any fun. The trolley to the beach is great! There is an awsome place to get lobsters cooked to go on route 1 nearby, (forget the name). I reccomend a drive through to check it out if your deciding where to camp. The "W" section is very nice for pop ups or tenting. We try to stay away from the pond to minimize mosquitoe bites. They have a couple of camp stores that have just about all you need that you may have forgotten to take with you. The list goes on. . . Its on the pricey side for camping, but its worth it for my family and the memories we will cherish forever. This place is a resort for those who enjoy camping! Hope to see ya there!

4 Thank FamilyAdventurist

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Do you like paying out the rear end for fees to have a family vacation? Do you like paying $12 to enjoy time with your family? Do find it absolutely wonderful to get followed and yelled at by a fascist owner just because you failed to sign in at the desk since there was no sign saying you had to? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then Bayleys Camping Resort is for you!

My parents booked a site there for the opening weekend 2014 while us kids stayed at a nearby hotel; we planned the weekend to be a wonderful family get together at Bayleys since we all live over three hours away from each other. We were rather shocked when my younger brother had to pay $12 to have a vehicle there. When I came in on Friday night, my girlfriend and I saw no sign mentioning to sign in and a gate in an erect position, so we drove in without stopping. Saturday we did the same thing and left our car there while we laid flowers at my grandfathers grave. My brother had to pay yet again when he got out of class and came for dinner.

Sunday morning, we came in again to say goodbye to my parents and help them pack up and have breakfast. After going through the erect gate once more with no sign advising us to stop, we were followed by a turquoise Chevy pickup that had no indication that it was a campground official. Once we came up to my parents, the man in the truck pulled up, casual clothes no name tag, and asked to see our parking tag. I told him it was from yesterday and he completely flipped and said you know the rules sign in and pay. When we walked up to the front, he sort of yelled at me and my brother about not following the rules and he, since he paid multiple times now, gave them a piece of his mind...the owner walked back to his office muttering swears to himself and slammed his door. His employee rudely said that if we continued to complain we would be banned for life. I just shut him up so we could enjoy breakfast with our parents and not make a scene. By the way, the owner waived the $12 fee which I did somehow appreciate considering the situation.

I am a manager in a full service 200 room hotel and I've been in the industry for 10 years now. You threaten to kick out partiers, druggies, wife beaters, etc...NOT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT AN ISSUE. I've never been so humiliated in my life...ever. My brother to me was being an upset guest; he wasn't swearing yelling or anything of that nature. It actually completely ruined the rest of my day...I was really bummed out. I've waited a couple weeks and I'm still really upset about this. This place should not be in business!

And one more thing should the owner actually read their TripAdvisor; go to hotel signs.com and spend the roughly $50 (or 4.16 cars having a family get together) and buy a sign advising people to sign in, staff your gate, and put the gate down.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank joevazz
Livermore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that my family does truly like to camp at bayley's. We have been coming here for a few years now and the kids always have a great time. The shuttle to the beach is great so you don't have to pay for parking. The pools are great and they have always been clean and well kept the many times we have stayed.ni love the evening entertainment, it is T thpool area so kids can swim and play while parents can watch whatever entertainment is available that evening. Bathrooms are older but that never bothered me as long as they are clean and they have always been clean when we have stayed. Yes it is a big campground but it is kinda nice to get out and walk around the campground and maybe meet new people or see someone you know. Now the bad, the prices are crazy expensive. I don't remember exactly but last year we camped and it was over $100 per night for my husband and I with 4 kids. Seriously what kind of campground does not include any kids in their nightly rate???? I am bringing my own "lodging" and you charge me over $100 per night to park I to. Hour dirt? Crazy but like I said the kids have fun so yes we wil be back. Even if you don't participate in the activities they offer it is really fun to watch others do them.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rose D
Whitinsville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed Columbus Day weekend at the recommendations of previous campers.

Check in was a breeze. For a campground this size, on a holiday weekend, they really had their poop together! Organized, tons of staff on hand to get you checked in and on your way to your site.

This resort is HUMONGOUS! Close to, if not over 800 sites and pretty much every one of them was booked (duh..Holiday weekend, I know, just sayin'). If you are not a people person, you may not enjoy this location.
We love to people watch so the mass of humanity did not bother us.

Our site was ok, neighbors were close but, not on top of us. Some of the other sites with the Class A's & Fifth wheels were so close, the awnings of one were touching the slides of the other. I am glad we were not on one of those sites. Our site was shady and not on a main artery so that was good. I had to use leveling blocks to get my trailer right but it wasn't too crazy. Hookups were close and where they should be.

Ok, so it's a holiday weekend (like I said) and I'm pretty sure the last weekend of their (Bayley's) season so needless to say, the natives were restless! LOL. This did not bother us all that much as we were sorta kinda expecting it. HOWEVER, this (so far) has been the only place we have camped where there is a total disregard for your "site rites" An occasional error does not bother me but, I actually had to yell at people to stop trudging through my site. Mostly teenagers running and giggling through. Again, it's camping but holy smokes moms & dads, talk to your kids. I kinda felt bad for my neighbor because, after I stood my ground, everyone just started cutting through his site. One occasion some teens ran through and tripped and yanked his electric and cable out.
Some drunken tool walked right by their picnic table while they were eating lunch with a fried turkey. Humor aside, it's just downright rude.

Again, this campground is MASSIVE!. Depending on where your site is, and what you need (firewood) you may have to drive to one of the two camp stores to get your supplies like we did. With the crowds being what they were, and campground infrastructure being what it is, this can be a harrowing experience. I wish they offered site delivery of firewood. (If they did, it was not advertised or offered)

We had our two pooches with us as many campers did and everyone was well versed in poop scooping and leashes so, that was a big plus. The size of this resort provided ample exercise opportunities for Fido.

We did not utilize the pools although they were open and one was heated. They were located at the main entrance to the resort so, if you were in the pool area, you were on display for everyone coming and going. (There was another pool at the rear of the resort by the second store however, it was closed.)

They had lots of activities going on which my 14 year old thoroughly enjoyed. We got a free pumpkin, they had trick or treating which I must say all the kids were well versed and followed the "take one" from those that just left the treats out unattended.

The haunted hayride was absolutely fantastic! The time, money & effort by many of the campers who decorated their sites along the route was unbelievable! The only downside was the 90 minute wait to get on a hay wagon as there were literally thousands of people in line. I give credit to the campers who dressed up in various horrific garb and walked the line entertaining and scaring the crap out of the younger crowd.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. A busy holiday weekend and the amount of people there I am sure put them to the test at times, they never showed it so a tip o' the cap to them.

This resort is VERY close to Old Orchard and Pine Point beaches (like 5 minutes). Dogs are allowed on the beaches after Labor Day so this was another nice chance for them to stretch their legs.

In addition to the holiday and it being the last weekend of the season, the Red Sox were in the ALCS against Detroit. This made for an occasional breach or two of "quiet hours" when Papi put one into the bullpen..lol! Other than that, it was quiet when it was supposed to be.

Bathrooms and showers were "ok". They weren't dirty or nasty, they just seemed..."old".

I believe we will return but probably during a less hectic time. I would recommend this weekend for those who love Halloween and appreciate the effort and ingenuity people put in to celebrate it. The hayride was again top notch and would be a lifetime memory for kids. Just get in line early.

We stayed in our travel trailer.

Room Tip: Although we were in a travel trailer, the sites (we saw anyway) for Class A's and Fifth Wheels...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Camping_Coach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have been camping @ Bayleys for over 25 years, always having a great time and a great experience. I loved it as a kid and now with my own 2 children 4 and 6...they LOVE it there too> Looking forward to our 2 weeks there this summer!!!!

Rooms
1 Thank Lee D
Hartland, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Had stayed here for several years , and it was one of our favorites. However all good things come to an end. We had several occasions of observing Tom (the owner) just being rude to paying customers. The rest of the staff is very helpful and friendly , and the grounds are fabulous. From what we saw last year we cancelled our 18 night reservation and will not be back until we start hearing some better things about the way things are being run.

7 Thank n8wood68
Saint Andrews, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have been camping for over 15 years. (excluding my childhood). We made reservations with Bayleys 2 months in advance so we could camp with another family. Bayleys lost our reservation. I spoke with the owner. He would do nothing. We could no longer get a site near the other family. He would not give us a discount. He said his staff has "never" lost a reservation and there "was no way" it could be his staff's fault. He then said he had one site left he could rent us. It was 1/3 the size of a normal site. The site was so small I could not fit a picnic table. I had my vehicle, my small trailer, and lawn chairs. That is it. No room for kids to play catch or kick a ball. Zero extra.
Two people per site are included with the price per night. This family campground also charges extra for each child you have. Zero children are included in the cost!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Joey L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Portland Harbor Hotel
Higgins Beach Inn
Higgins Beach Inn
#10 of 13 in Scarborough
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground
Wild Acres RV Resort and Campgro...
#4 of 21 in Old Orchard Beach
Alouette Beach Resort
Alouette Beach Resort
#11 of 43 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Bayleys Camping Resort? Share your experiences!