“Consistent performance by Marriott”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I travel often and like staying in Marriott properties. They are always clean and simple and when I am away from home in many cities and towns, it's so once to have something consistent. This Marriott property reinforces my feelings about the hotel chain. Pleasant people that are helpful if and when you need them, cozy "come and go as you please" atmosphere and a hot breakfast that I can help myself to quickly. This property is in a great location near the highway and restaurants, but secluded enough to be quiet and peaceful. I can guarantee I will stay here again when I am in the area-be it work or pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Taraanne0675
CJ M, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review. The staff and I appreciate when someone writes about such a good experience. When we share these reviews, it really makes their day! Thanks so much!

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is fine, but they have the ac on hold at 69 degrees. This would be fine if the thermostat was working properly. The front desk said there was nothing that could be done until tomorrow, so I'm in a stuffy, hot room. I can kiss a good night's sleep goodbye. Not cool.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank debi1rn
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff was very pleasant, the room accommodating. Cheerios on floor, window left partially open, toilet overflowed upon flushing at midnight, plumbing in neighboring rooms VERY loud and noisy. The breakfast was very nice, with a nice variety.

Room Tip: We were in a one bedroom suite that was on the opposite side of the highway, so not so noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dolores W
CJ M, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

First of all I would like to apologize for the oversights in the room. There is certainly no excuse for cheerios having been left on the floor. I have reviewed the matter with our housekeeping staff and will continue to hold refreshers to help ensure that this doesn’t happen again. Thank you for taking the time to write and I hope your travels are always pleasant.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I liked the location when I had stayed at the neighboring Towne Place Suites.... but always preferring Residence Inn over TP Suites, I chose to stay here. I did not notice the highway noise last year when I stayed next door, (same parking lot as RI) so I would assume if I stayed on the non highway side... it might have been better. Bed was firm.. very firm... I like a softer, spongier bed. We had a one bedroom suite and it was very roomy. When neighbors started their shower it sounded like it was in our suite... very loud. Only thing I noticed to be weird was there was NO trash can in the kitchen area, we checked under the sink, in the pantry... nothing... only trash can was in the bathroom. Having stayed at a different Residence Inn earlier in the week.. I noticed the same thing.. but there was a small trash can under the sink in kitchen. Pizza box wouldn't fit, nor a 2 liter bottle of soda... I like to pick up after myself, felt funny leaving trash on kitchen table. I'd stay again but stay on non highway side.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-highway side room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Testtrackmama
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Nice people at the desk, nice room design, room snd furnitute a bit worn and cleanliness not up to what we expect from a Residence Inn. Convenient to the attractions of the area, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank quittycat2
Reviewed 31 August 2013

As a Marriott platinum elite member, I have stayed at many Marriott properties and this one has room for improvement. Would not choose to return here because of location near highway (traffic noise) and the need for updates. The overall decor seemed heavy, dark and outdated, especially the bathroom. The lighting in the tub/shower was dim, closet door kept going off the track when trying to open the door and there was no luggage rack. But room was reasonably clean and adequate for a 2 night stay.
I was not satisfied with the room location. Our room was on I-95 side and the noise was audible and annoying. Opening the window for outdoor air is not an option because of the noise. But the A/C keeps the room temp comfortable. The pillows need replacing; very lumpy and uncomfortable.
The breakfast was adequate with good choices to start the day. Light dinner was standard stuff, reminded me of school cafeteria food, nothing remarkable but it is free. Perhaps some cookies for dessert would be nice....Free parking is a plus. The staff are friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for room on lobby side to avoid the highway traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LilyNorwichCT
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Back in the Portland area after some time in Boothbay Harbor and wanted something near the airport. Good TA rating got us here.
Very near the Maine Mall. Lots of food choices nearby. A Shaw's grocery right across the street. Easy, non freeway drive to PWM.
Dennis at check in was very personable. He gladly got us ice to carry us over until the in room icemaker kicked cubes out.
Room fairly typical RI. Plenty of room. We love the kitchen.
We got the side of the hotel facing the highway (forgot to ask for the other side). Tried to sleep with windows open on a cool night but it was too loud. Fine with windows closed unless you are a very light sleeper.
Returning next month with no fears but will ask for non highway room. A solid choice in the area.

Room Tip: Room away from highway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macndave
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!