First let me say that it's a great location- about 10 minutes from Portland. I had read all the reviews before booking and had high expectations. Of course it helped that it was a marriott chain since that is always my stepmom's first choice. As per other's advice we requested a room on the "quiet" side and noise was not an issue at all. We were in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite on the first floor (105-106, I think). We had to switch rooms due to dog or cat hair that was on the couch and got all over my stepmom. We were unaware that they allowed pets in the rooms. We covered it with a sheet, then decided to call front desk. However, neither of the phones worked so my stepmom had to walk to front desk. She said the lady behind the desk was very apologetic and quickly offered to move us to another room. The other room had the same layout. Very roomy and beds were pretty comfortable. However, the room was not cleaned good! The cabinets are old and worn and the kitchen cabinets had "stuff" splashed on them. The coffee pot had dust all on the top of it. There were cobwebs in the bedroom I stayed in, as well as the door to the bathroom was very dirty- dust all over the trimmed out edges, not to mention the "stuff" that was splashed on the wall behind the door! Our headboard was dirty, you could see finger smudges on the picture over our bed, as well as the bathroom mirror. Just dirty!! I didn't even check the bedroom/bathroom my stepmom was staying in! We had to request a new comforter for our room due to having a red mark on it that looked like blood! Could have been finger nail polish, but we weren't risking it! Gross! The fireplace didn't work (worked in the first room, but not the second). The hall way had a foul odor! We ate dinner in Portland each night so we didn't get a chance to try their complimentary dinner. We did eat breakfast there one morning. Your normal selection, but it was good considering. The set up is good too, to help alleviate the congestion in the food area This hotel has high ratings for a reason, but we couldn't figure out why. Very disappointed! Seriously, cleanliness means a lot!!! Housekeeping definitely needs to be trained better on how to thoroughly clean rooms! Once we came back in after they cleaned, they had left cabinet doors open, the stool ottoman not pushed back together- just the little things that matter. But hey, I could have even dealt with that kind of sloppiness if that actually cleaned up the dirt! Wouldn't go back nor recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Portland/Scarborough hotel is the perfect place to lay your head when visiting the greater Portland Maine area. Our suites are designed to keep you comfortable and connected to all of the fun things to do in Portland, Maine. Whether you are here for business or pleasure or a fine mix of both, we can help you go exploring. Our luxury apartment hotel is conveniently located near Maine’s scenic beaches, breathtaking state parks, historic lighthouses, or destination shopping areas including World Famous Outfitter Cabela’s or Maine’s own L.L. Bean. For a truly unique experience, enjoy harness racing at Scarborough Downs or auto racing at Beechridge Motor Speedway. Our Portland/Scarborough hotel is just minutes away from Portland’s downtown district and historic old port area. Whether you are looking for a uniquely Maine dining experience or a national chain restaurant, there is something nearby to satisfy even the most selective palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Residence Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Maine