“Bring your own cleaning supplies”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I usually stay at Residence Inn when ever possible while traveling. I asked for a room NOT against the highway and was informed that was how the rooms are set up, might just as well have slept on the side if the road it would have been the same noise level. Both bath rooms had foreign hair, one in the sink they other on the floor and tub. The kitchen had food crumbs on the stove and floor and there was some dried up food on the floor in front of the couch. Maybe they need to hold training classes for the employees on what cleaning entails. I will continue to stay at Residence Inn but NEVER this one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 61sarge

Reviewed 3 January 2014

From check-in to the gentleman in the breakfast room to the housekeeping crew one could not ask for a better experience. We snowshoed at Pineland and Harris Farm and found the location to be perfect. Convenient to downdown Portland

Room Tip: We prefer upper floor but our room in rear on first floor was good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We flew into and out of Portland International Jetport for our Maine - Maritime Provinces vacation, and booked stays at the Residence Inn for the nights of our arrival and prior to departure. We found this Residence Inn very much like most of those we've frequented: clean, comfortable, and with courteous staff.

Shortly after arrival, I experienced adverse effects of an earlier surgery and required hospitalization. Among other complications, this threw our vacation and hotel reservations schedule out of whack. The folks at the Residence Inn not only readily accommodated our changing needs--despite what we assume by the completely full parking lot to have been a full house--but they were also very gracious in helping my wife with various other requests. We are grateful for the aid and concern of everyone we encountered at the Residence Inn.

Since there seems to be no other way to do so on Trip Advisor, we'll use this review to also offer our thanks for the outstanding care and treatment by the staff at Maine Medical Center. If you find yourself in need of medical attention while on vacation, we hope you are as fortunate as we were to be close to the Maine Medical Center. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Here for five days, training for a new job. Overall I have no complaints. The room is nicer and larger than at least one apartment I've lived in in the past. It's nicely laid out, there are plenty of outlets, and the kitchen is great. The hot breakfast is great and the staff has been friendly.
I was really looking forward to this week because I have always slept so well at Marriott. Unfortunately, the bed is out of sync with the caliber of the rest of the room. The mattress is really hard and uncomfortable. So much so that it was hard to fall into a deep sleep. My back has hurt all day today. I asked the front desk to move me to another room. The agent told me that all of the rooms have the same mattresses and they offered me a pad to put on the bed instead. I'm going to give that a try tonight and hope for the best.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Becky R
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stains on the furniture fabric and cabinetry, feces on the bathroom towels, hair in the bed, torn window screens, worn out kitchen, mold in the shower and sloppy housekeeping are inexcusable. This place is disgusting and needs a complete remodeling and better housekeeping to bring it up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RMFD94
Cesar G, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Good RMFD94. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced!, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss these issues further with you. We are very concerned over the issues you experienced. I would love the opportunity to make it right!

Thank You RMFD94 and look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We visited Portland on a quick family trip with my 4yr old and 6 yr old. Room was perfect for family - big enough with a DOOR in between the rooms - which allowed kids to fall asleep and adults to stay up. Pull-out couch was well- a pull out couch but bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly too. We'll be coming back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Cesar G, Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Hello yul_bos_guy,

We are very happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful stay at our hotel. Here at the Residence Inn in Scarborough we thrive to keep all of our guest 100% happy all of the time. We are very happy to hear that the suite you stayed in was up to your liking and we are definitely glad that you will be back to visit us on your next trip. Please remember to stop by for our evening cookies with your family with i'm sure your children will love.

Thank You for your review and I can't wait to have you back in our hotel for another perfect stay!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here one night with the dogs. I requested a second floor room near the stairs, and the staff was very good about accommodating this. Also checked in early, and they worked hard to accommodate that as well. We had a one bedroom suite, which was well appointed and quite new-looking. Location-wise, it's not that far from Portland, and there are a lot of nearby strip malls with interesting places to grab something to eat. One thing I was disappointed in was the TV. They didn't have any on demand movie options, which was a bit of a bummer. Luckily, Bridesmaids was on a regular channel, so it all turned out ok!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!