All reviewsfront deskbedroom suitehot tubroom was cleansocial houran upgradewafflesfresh fruitfirst floorsitting areathe breakfast areaold portcomplimentary breakfastold orchard beachdennishighwayportland
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very convenient to get to, and close to shops and restaurants. Rooms are clean (though need updating, wall paper in bathroom was pealing off).
Staff dis a fantastic job of keeping the place reasonably clean with the heavy snow and ice.

Watch out for the corridor on the 3rd floor, smells as if a skunk went past. The smell is contained only to the corridor and did not extend to the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank m m
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I usually stay at Residence Inn when ever possible while traveling. I asked for a room NOT against the highway and was informed that was how the rooms are set up, might just as well have slept on the side if the road it would have been the same noise level. Both bath rooms had foreign hair, one in the sink they other on the floor and tub. The kitchen had food crumbs on the stove and floor and there was some dried up food on the floor in front of the couch. Maybe they need to hold training classes for the employees on what cleaning entails. I will continue to stay at Residence Inn but NEVER this one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 61sarge
Reviewed 3 January 2014

From check-in to the gentleman in the breakfast room to the housekeeping crew one could not ask for a better experience. We snowshoed at Pineland and Harris Farm and found the location to be perfect. Convenient to downdown Portland

Room Tip: We prefer upper floor but our room in rear on first floor was good
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We flew into and out of Portland International Jetport for our Maine - Maritime Provinces vacation, and booked stays at the Residence Inn for the nights of our arrival and prior to departure. We found this Residence Inn very much like most of those we've frequented: clean, comfortable, and with courteous staff.

Shortly after arrival, I experienced adverse effects of an earlier surgery and required hospitalization. Among other complications, this threw our vacation and hotel reservations schedule out of whack. The folks at the Residence Inn not only readily accommodated our changing needs--despite what we assume by the completely full parking lot to have been a full house--but they were also very gracious in helping my wife with various other requests. We are grateful for the aid and concern of everyone we encountered at the Residence Inn.

Since there seems to be no other way to do so on Trip Advisor, we'll use this review to also offer our thanks for the outstanding care and treatment by the staff at Maine Medical Center. If you find yourself in need of medical attention while on vacation, we hope you are as fortunate as we were to be close to the Maine Medical Center. :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Here for five days, training for a new job. Overall I have no complaints. The room is nicer and larger than at least one apartment I've lived in in the past. It's nicely laid out, there are plenty of outlets, and the kitchen is great. The hot breakfast is great and the staff has been friendly.
I was really looking forward to this week because I have always slept so well at Marriott. Unfortunately, the bed is out of sync with the caliber of the rest of the room. The mattress is really hard and uncomfortable. So much so that it was hard to fall into a deep sleep. My back has hurt all day today. I asked the front desk to move me to another room. The agent told me that all of the rooms have the same mattresses and they offered me a pad to put on the bed instead. I'm going to give that a try tonight and hope for the best.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business