All reviewsfront deskbedroom suitehot tubroom was cleansocial houran upgradewafflesfresh fruitfirst floorsitting areathe breakfast areaold portcomplimentary breakfastold orchard beachdennishighwayportland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Over the last 2 weeks I have been staying agh the Residence Inn in Portland Scarborough, Maine.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious.
Having a full size fridge, cups, plates and silverware you can feel like you are home while you are on the road.
I try not to eat at restaurants when I am traveling for work, and the hotel provides enough comfort for me to spread out and relax.

The only down side is the bedding could use some updating. The mattresses in both rooms I have stayed in were a little worn out.
Other than that it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms (2) that I have stayed in are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FreqTravel1969
Abraham R, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear FreqTravel1969

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future travels to the area.

Best Regards

Abraham Rivas
1-207-883-0400
Portlandmegm@ih-corp.com

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If it were during cooler weather I'd give this a 4 star review. The AC can't be put below 68 degrees so it was a little warm for sleeping. They have to keep it at that as the AC units freeze up otherwise. (Multiple staff told me, though who I assume was a manager denied it. Honestly is really the best policy, so that was annoying.) Otherwise the 1 bedroom suite was twice the size of the rooms at the hotel next door. They're also pretty updated, so don't judge by the hallways that are a bit dim. There's no oven, but I didn't need one. There's a microwave & two burner stove. Only negative is you can't boil a big pot of water for pasta which I wanted the first night. Beyond that everything worked great. You do need to buy your own detergent to use the disgwasher or to wash dishes on your own. Breakfast had hot and cold items both, so that was good. Room was clean. The bed is hard as a rock though. I was in a lot of back pain every morning. Some of the staff really went out of the way to help me, including helping me change rooms as my AC was frozen when I got here. They're all very friendly though, from housekeeping to front deak to maintenance, etc. they also serve food in the evening, though I don't know if it's every night. Good to ask when you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel is subpar for Marriott. The only reason they are receiving a 3 is because the evening I arrived Cindy was at the front desk. She was AWESOME!!! Helpful with everything. However it kind of went south after that. Got to the room which had a nice setup but it was not clean. I don't think the rug has seen a vacuum in a long time. The sofa either. Went into the bathroom and there was about 10 sheets of toilet paper on the roll with no replacement roll, no box tissue and the piece de resistance the long black hair in the shower. Not one or two pieces CLUMPS on the walls, shower floor. To add insult to this already disgusting site there was long silver hair on the floor. The toilet seat was broken on one side so you had to hold in place or it slipped off to one side. I figured I would give them a chance to fix however the next day only one of our trash cans had been emptied, stuff still all over the carpet oh yeah and still no toilet paper. I went down to the front desk spoke to what I thought was manager and got "here" not sorry for the inconvenience. Nothing. Where did Cindy go??? Please find her and let her train your ENTIRE STAFF on how things should be done when dealing with guests

Room Tip: Plenty of other hotels in area. Do not stay here. You don't even get what you pay for!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesette H
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pros: Easy to get to, very close to and easy to get to the greater Portland area, breakfast was good, pool was warm
Cons: Right next to highway and you can hear it all night long, dirty, old, staff was unprofessional, key cards didn't work multiple times, side entrance door was broke.

We were very disappointed with this hotel for the price that we paid. We stayed 3 nights and our room was never cleaned once. When we arrived there was old coffee grounds in the coffee pot, dirty dishes in the cupboard, hair and dirt around baseboards, chipped paint, mold in shower, dust every where, very noisy all night long due to highway.

We are not fancy people and usually never complain but we were very disappointed. This hotel did not seem up to usual Marriot standards.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Heidi P
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Residence Inn is right behind the Mall of Maine and has suites,indoor pool and hot tub, includes a hot breakfast buffet. Clean spacious rooms with kitchen,small dining table and sitting area. The 1 bedroom suite which was spacious. and the queen bed was comfortable as you would expect from Marriott. There are many places to eat in the area. and there is much to do downtown Portland. This is just 10 miles from Old Port Portland R 295 to exit 4 and Portland Lighthouse. I have stayed here before and never been disappointed. Friendly staff. Pets welcome for a fee.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple