“Really 3 1/2 stars. Decent hotel.”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a good hotel choice. We stayed in a queen studio and it was adequate. Large and clean with a decent bathroom. The vanity counter with the sink was lower than most places (maybe for handicapped accessibility?). The bed was a typical hotel bed, lumpy and uncomfortable. Breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Al A
Abraham R, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear AL A

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future travels to the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Location is great to get some time at the beach, hit the outlets in Freeport, and spend some time in Portland. Grocery store across the street is very convenient.

Hotel was clean and rooms have adequate space. Front Desk and Breakfast staff very friendly. Breakfast was great.

There is some highway noise if you are on the back of the building. So if you think this will be a problem ask for a quiet room.

They have some table outside that I would have liked to sit at, but there were always smokers out there. I wish they would extend the non-smoking policy to that area as well.

Room Tip: There can be highway noise on the back of the building. If this is a problem for you, request a quie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nikko9969

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was decent enough I suppose, except when I took a shower I noticed that whomever stayed before I did left dog hair all over the shower and the bathroom floor. The stay is a 3 because the complimentary breakfast was good and the front desk staff was very friendly.

I left a note for the cleaning staff to please clean the shower walls as well as mop the floor needless to say it was not completed. I also requested the bed linens be changed that also was not done. This hotel may appear clean but it is not and it is outdated. The wallpaper in my bathroom was peeling.

I am a marriott rewards member and I will not stay here again. I simply couldn't believe the dog hair all over the bathroom. It was a short stay of only two nights. Perhaps my biggest mistake was not alerting the front desk, but I thought a nice simple note to the cleaning staff would suffice. Happy travels!

P.S. I would like to mention here that my stay was free as a result of rewards earned, and hopefully Marriott doesn't place members with earned rewards into dirty rooms as a practice.

Stayed: July 2014
Abraham R, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology.

800 Roundwood Dr
Scarborough, Me 04074
T 1-207-883-0400

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was able to check in early and given keys to the room however we were told that weren't able to enter the room until 3pm when it would be clean. Wasn't a problem, we went off to the beach for the day. Easy access to the Old Port, Maine Mall, and Cape Elizabeth. Room was spacious and clean and quiet even though it was on the first floor. The beds were so comfortable (we overslept our alarm). Unfortunately we didn't have time to have breakfast so I can't rate on that. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BDeve073

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Over the last 2 weeks I have been staying agh the Residence Inn in Portland Scarborough, Maine.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious.
Having a full size fridge, cups, plates and silverware you can feel like you are home while you are on the road.
I try not to eat at restaurants when I am traveling for work, and the hotel provides enough comfort for me to spread out and relax.

The only down side is the bedding could use some updating. The mattresses in both rooms I have stayed in were a little worn out.
Other than that it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms (2) that I have stayed in are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FreqTravel1969

Dear FreqTravel1969

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If it were during cooler weather I'd give this a 4 star review. The AC can't be put below 68 degrees so it was a little warm for sleeping. They have to keep it at that as the AC units freeze up otherwise. (Multiple staff told me, though who I assume was a manager denied it. Honestly is really the best policy, so that was annoying.) Otherwise the 1 bedroom suite was twice the size of the rooms at the hotel next door. They're also pretty updated, so don't judge by the hallways that are a bit dim. There's no oven, but I didn't need one. There's a microwave & two burner stove. Only negative is you can't boil a big pot of water for pasta which I wanted the first night. Beyond that everything worked great. You do need to buy your own detergent to use the disgwasher or to wash dishes on your own. Breakfast had hot and cold items both, so that was good. Room was clean. The bed is hard as a rock though. I was in a lot of back pain every morning. Some of the staff really went out of the way to help me, including helping me change rooms as my AC was frozen when I got here. They're all very friendly though, from housekeeping to front deak to maintenance, etc. they also serve food in the evening, though I don't know if it's every night. Good to ask when you arrive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel is subpar for Marriott. The only reason they are receiving a 3 is because the evening I arrived Cindy was at the front desk. She was AWESOME!!! Helpful with everything. However it kind of went south after that. Got to the room which had a nice setup but it was not clean. I don't think the rug has seen a vacuum in a long time. The sofa either. Went into the bathroom and there was about 10 sheets of toilet paper on the roll with no replacement roll, no box tissue and the piece de resistance the long black hair in the shower. Not one or two pieces CLUMPS on the walls, shower floor. To add insult to this already disgusting site there was long silver hair on the floor. The toilet seat was broken on one side so you had to hold in place or it slipped off to one side. I figured I would give them a chance to fix however the next day only one of our trash cans had been emptied, stuff still all over the carpet oh yeah and still no toilet paper. I went down to the front desk spoke to what I thought was manager and got "here" not sorry for the inconvenience. Nothing. Where did Cindy go??? Please find her and let her train your ENTIRE STAFF on how things should be done when dealing with guests

Room Tip: Plenty of other hotels in area. Do not stay here. You don't even get what you pay for!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesette H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 13 in South Portland
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!