“Another wonderful Marriott experience!”

Residence Inn Portland Scarborough
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Plainville, Connecticut
“Another wonderful Marriott experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was my first visit to Maine. I always choose the Marriott Residence Inn because of the homey atmosphere and what I have come to expect when I stay at the Marriott. My family was not disappointed. We wanted to be located close to Portland, and this was ideal. The location was excellent. There was a grocery store right across from the hotel, and a Walmart Superstore down the street. This main street had every store/restaurant imaginable. We were less than 10 minutes from Portland, the ocean front, and 20 minutes away from the outlet mall in Freeport.
The 2 bedroom suite was roomy, clean and comfortable. The staff was first rate, and were extremely helpful with all our needs. Jeanie Cohen was the best ever. She came and introduced herself to my sister and asked what she could do to make our stay enjoyable. She gave us great tips on what beach to go to, (less tourists) and mapped out all of our destinations. When I was lost in Portland, I called her and she talked me from downtown over to the Lighthouse. She offered to stay on the phone with me. I could not believe how dedicated she was. She loves her job and she showed it. This woman deserves a raise!
The breakfast buffet, social hour snack and warm chocolate chip cookies were also first rate!
My only disappointment was the indoor pool was very small to swim in. The whirlpool was great. Other than that, this hotel was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LouAnn R
Abraham R, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear LouAnn R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Portland Scarborough was enjoyable. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Truly yours
portlandmegm@ih-corp.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Central Mass
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a good hotel choice. We stayed in a queen studio and it was adequate. Large and clean with a decent bathroom. The vanity counter with the sink was lower than most places (maybe for handicapped accessibility?). The bed was a typical hotel bed, lumpy and uncomfortable. Breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Al A
Dear AL A

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future travels to the area.

Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Location is great to get some time at the beach, hit the outlets in Freeport, and spend some time in Portland. Grocery store across the street is very convenient.

Hotel was clean and rooms have adequate space. Front Desk and Breakfast staff very friendly. Breakfast was great.

There is some highway noise if you are on the back of the building. So if you think this will be a problem ask for a quiet room.

They have some table outside that I would have liked to sit at, but there were always smokers out there. I wish they would extend the non-smoking policy to that area as well.

Room Tip: There can be highway noise on the back of the building. If this is a problem for you, request a quie...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nikko9969
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was decent enough I suppose, except when I took a shower I noticed that whomever stayed before I did left dog hair all over the shower and the bathroom floor. The stay is a 3 because the complimentary breakfast was good and the front desk staff was very friendly.

I left a note for the cleaning staff to please clean the shower walls as well as mop the floor needless to say it was not completed. I also requested the bed linens be changed that also was not done. This hotel may appear clean but it is not and it is outdated. The wallpaper in my bathroom was peeling.

I am a marriott rewards member and I will not stay here again. I simply couldn't believe the dog hair all over the bathroom. It was a short stay of only two nights. Perhaps my biggest mistake was not alerting the front desk, but I thought a nice simple note to the cleaning staff would suffice. Happy travels!

P.S. I would like to mention here that my stay was free as a result of rewards earned, and hopefully Marriott doesn't place members with earned rewards into dirty rooms as a practice.

Stayed July 2014
Abraham R, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Scarborough, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology.

800 Roundwood Dr
Scarborough, Me 04074
T 1-207-883-0400
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Was able to check in early and given keys to the room however we were told that weren't able to enter the room until 3pm when it would be clean. Wasn't a problem, we went off to the beach for the day. Easy access to the Old Port, Maine Mall, and Cape Elizabeth. Room was spacious and clean and quiet even though it was on the first floor. The beds were so comfortable (we overslept our alarm). Unfortunately we didn't have time to have breakfast so I can't rate on that. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear BDeve073

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Over the last 2 weeks I have been staying agh the Residence Inn in Portland Scarborough, Maine.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious.
Having a full size fridge, cups, plates and silverware you can feel like you are home while you are on the road.
I try not to eat at restaurants when I am traveling for work, and the hotel provides enough comfort for me to spread out and relax.

The only down side is the bedding could use some updating. The mattresses in both rooms I have stayed in were a little worn out.
Other than that it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms (2) that I have stayed in are nice.
Green Features: Very good, they reuse towels. There are little signs that tell you what to do if you want to use the same towel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FreqTravel1969
Dear FreqTravel1969

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

If it were during cooler weather I'd give this a 4 star review. The AC can't be put below 68 degrees so it was a little warm for sleeping. They have to keep it at that as the AC units freeze up otherwise. (Multiple staff told me, though who I assume was a manager denied it. Honestly is really the best policy, so that was annoying.) Otherwise the 1 bedroom suite was twice the size of the rooms at the hotel next door. They're also pretty updated, so don't judge by the hallways that are a bit dim. There's no oven, but I didn't need one. There's a microwave & two burner stove. Only negative is you can't boil a big pot of water for pasta which I wanted the first night. Beyond that everything worked great. You do need to buy your own detergent to use the disgwasher or to wash dishes on your own. Breakfast had hot and cold items both, so that was good. Room was clean. The bed is hard as a rock though. I was in a lot of back pain every morning. Some of the staff really went out of the way to help me, including helping me change rooms as my AC was frozen when I got here. They're all very friendly though, from housekeeping to front deak to maintenance, etc. they also serve food in the evening, though I don't know if it's every night. Good to ask when you arrive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 12 in South Portland

Been to Residence Inn Portland Scarborough? Share your experiences!