This was my first visit to Maine. I always choose the Marriott Residence Inn because of the homey atmosphere and what I have come to expect when I stay at the Marriott. My family was not disappointed. We wanted to be located close to Portland, and this was ideal. The location was excellent. There was a grocery store right across from the hotel, and a Walmart Superstore down the street. This main street had every store/restaurant imaginable. We were less than 10 minutes from Portland, the ocean front, and 20 minutes away from the outlet mall in Freeport.
The 2 bedroom suite was roomy, clean and comfortable. The staff was first rate, and were extremely helpful with all our needs. Jeanie Cohen was the best ever. She came and introduced herself to my sister and asked what she could do to make our stay enjoyable. She gave us great tips on what beach to go to, (less tourists) and mapped out all of our destinations. When I was lost in Portland, I called her and she talked me from downtown over to the Lighthouse. She offered to stay on the phone with me. I could not believe how dedicated she was. She loves her job and she showed it. This woman deserves a raise!
The breakfast buffet, social hour snack and warm chocolate chip cookies were also first rate!
My only disappointment was the indoor pool was very small to swim in. The whirlpool was great. Other than that, this hotel was wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott Portland/Scarborough hotel is the perfect place to lay your head when visiting the greater Portland Maine area. Our suites are designed to keep you comfortable and connected to all of the fun things to do in Portland, Maine. Whether you are here for business or pleasure or a fine mix of both, we can help you go exploring. Our luxury apartment hotel is conveniently located near Maine’s scenic beaches, breathtaking state parks, historic lighthouses, or destination shopping areas including World Famous Outfitter Cabela’s or Maine’s own L.L. Bean. For a truly unique experience, enjoy harness racing at Scarborough Downs or auto racing at Beechridge Motor Speedway. Our Portland/Scarborough hotel is just minutes away from Portland’s downtown district and historic old port area. Whether you are looking for a uniquely Maine dining experience or a national chain restaurant, there is something nearby to satisfy even the most selective palate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Portland Scarborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Hotel Scarborough
- Residence Inn Scarborough
- Scarborough Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Portland Scarborough Maine