“Excellent!”

Thai 9
Ranked #14 of 89 Restaurants in Scarborough
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The food was made fresh to order. They don't use MSG. Everything was very tasty. The kids ate tempura chicken which was very lite and delicious, teriyaki chicken full of vegetables in a delightful sauce, and wanton soup which had a great flavor. My husband and I had drunken noodles and pad Thai. We are from NH and would drive over two hours to eat here again.

1  Thank Rik1979
There are newer reviews for Thai 9

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is absolutely one of the best thai restaurant in Maine. Food are fresh and authentic, doesn't disappoint every time I try a new dish

1  Thank armidamaldita
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have heard nothing but good things about this place. I'm not sure if it was an off-day or what, but I wish that had a better experience on my wife's and my July 3 lunchtime visit.

Service is fast and staff is friendly. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. We ordered tempura vegetables, chicken pad thai, and chicken drunken noodles.

Tempura veggies were very thick cuts, which meant they were raw and difficult to eat. Tempura batter was under seasoned. The chicken in both meals was overcooked/bone dry. Drunken noodles dish was good but noodles were undercooked and chewy. The pad thai was under seasoned. Given the reputation of the restaurant I was expecting better. There is better Thai food in the area than what I experienced. Bua Thai in Old Orchard Beach stands out as one.

The biggest turn off, though, was a foul-mouthed customer sitting at the counter. Multiple F-bombs and other swearing loud enough to carry through the restaurant, including tables with small children. The next time my waitress came to the table, I mentioned it to her. Her response: "I know. He's had a couple of glasses of wine." i had to remind her that there are children in the restaurant. She said she'd speak with him. When she returned with the check she said, "We're going to talk to him when he's leaving." It appears that management would rather address problems after the fact instead of when the situation is occurring and actually affecting the dining experience for other guests.

2  Thank cascade0811
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

What a GREAT place for lunch- after dragging my husband to the Mall, we were both really hungry. Quick check on Tripadvisor sent us to Thai 9.

Lunch portions were generously portioned. The food we ordered came quickly and was as delicious and fresh as could be.

Very clean, pleasant atmosphere and very reasonably priced.

Now, we can enjoy a relaxing walk around Cabela's!!

Thai 9 is a definite destination!! We'll certainly be back!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My childhood girlfriends and I met at Thai 9 on a Friday night at 5 30. We were promptly seated and water was served in crystal clear glasses. In fact, the whole restaurant was very clean - that jumped out at me - especially the bathrooms....very very nice. We had glasses of the house wine which was very good. For appetizers, we ordered the sampler and the fresh spring rolls. They were delicious - fresh, and the variety of dipping sauces was fun. Our meals - served with brown rice - were tasty as well. I had a garlic dish with tofu - the veggies were so fresh. My friends also enjoyed their meals. One of my friends orders take out from this restaurant a lot - she says this is the best thai food in the area. (They even know her order when she calls and says her name)....lots of take out business. It got busy around 6 30 - there was even a line - but our waitress did not make us feel rushed at all....the Kitchen and Cork is a store right nearby - go in there too if you have time!!!! Most enjoyable!