“Great beach especially when the tide is out.”
Review of Higgins Beach

Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Scarborough
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular beach is also known for surfing.
Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beach especially when the tide is out.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Beautiful beach with old wreck and they are good to dogs, except during piping plover season but even then it's not as restricted as some beaches can be,

Visited May 2014

United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Best ever experience”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We've been visiting Maine for more than ten years. This place was the first we visited with our two liitle boys. They are both grown up now but this place has many many memories. It's beautiful. A little cold in December but in July.......memorable.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Celtvistor
Midlothian, Virginia
“Wonderful Memories”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I remember going to this beach in college and I loved it!! It was beautiful and quiet and just such a special place for me. When I go to Maine I try to go back there and sit on the rocks and eat some seafood!! I remember my brother-in-law surfing there also. It was just a majic place for me!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hallowell1
Scarborough, Maine
4 attraction reviews
“Beautiful/ Romantic”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Me and my boyfriend rented a small house right near the water, there was rarly any traffic where we were and the kids loved being able to walk to the beach. There are a few shops in the area and there are lots of great rental places. The ocean was beautiful and all the people there seemed to love it!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lizzy640
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic beach!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great sand , surf and sun. The most beautiful beach in Maine.lots of surfers. Good restroom facilities. Lots of parking at reasonable prices.. Lots of interesting local history. Wonderful Fourth of July parade. Weekly rentals are reasonably priced.

Visited August 2013