“Very Pleasantly Surprised!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here 1 night on the way up to Rockport, and after a terrible experience at an America's Best Value in Connecticut, were somewhat tentative as we pulled in. We were very pleasantly surprised! Neat, clean, quaintly decorated...even doilies on the chairs in the room... and comfortable. Well run establishment. Definitely a thumbs up from us on this one! Not a fancy place, but a good solid value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thanks for your time and your valuable feedback.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland

Reviewed 6 July 2014

For many years, my parents have visited this hotel and reserve the same room on the first floor. The hotel is in a great location close to the town center and conveniences. When my Mom was hospitalized last December for 11 days, the hotel staff were always attentive to his need to extend his stay on a day to day basis. Very comfortable clean rooms with 2 queen beds and always a warm welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for your time and your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I traveled to OOB during the weekend of June 21, 2014. The operators of this establishment were simply and truly wonderful. The price of the room is reasonable, but the people who run this place are A+. TY
I arrived with a 2014 Cadillac XTS with less than 3000 miles on it. It broke down and OnStar and GM were extremely unhelpful. I got cut off 3 times. Since I am a Canadian, even though the car was built in the USA they had me on hold three times for over 20 minutes at a time in the heat, in a car that would not turn over. This was the smallest of inconveniences which arose on this weekend. I spent most of the time at the Motel because of problems getting a loaner vehicle and someone at GM to assist me. Never again.
The operators of this hotel allowed me to use their personal telephone to try and sort things out. I offered to pay for a couple of long distance calls that I had to make and they refused saying that they were happy to help. The matriarch of the family (I believe they are of Indian origin), who is extremely hard working, took time out of her day to tell me that she would pray for me. Can you believe it?
The place is spotless. Smells wonderful. It is not new by any means and is not near any point of interest, but it is centrally located to Old Orchard Beach.(about a 5 minute drive) and is very inexpensive for the area. It reminds me of Motels of my youth. Basic but spotless. The television, that I had to watch unfortunately, had every channel you would want and I was able to see the FIFA world cup soccer matches. All in all (and especially because of the fine people who run the place), I had a memorable time.

Room Tip: From what I could see they are all good. There is no great view. It is off US Route 1. I was on t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had to stay here during my trip to Maine. I loved this place. The staff here is really helpful. You get the value for your money. Nice clean spacious rooms with attractive landscaping. I will surely be back here during my next visit to Portland, Maine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First, this hotel is clean and quiet and fine for the money. They did not tell me that phone service is only during certain hours. I gave out the number and was unable to receive an emergency call at 11 pm. The desk answered and told them the board was closed for the night. I was also unable to make anything other than local calls. I have never seen this anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Jay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Sorry for any inconvenience during your stay, we do not answer phones at middle of nights.
I do apologies for that. For emergency situation if we know ahead then we love to help people.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Last week, my wife and I decided to spend a couple days in Maine - Nothing special, just some time away in a place we love! For many years, we have travelled past the MIllbrook on our way north and south along Rte. 1, and we had often said we would stay there one day!

Our recent experience was wonderful!!! The king room was large and comfy, the large bathroom was a pleasant surprise (been in some places, I couldn't turn around without banging against a wall!), and the bed was clean and very comfortable! The sitting area had two nice chairs, a footstool, and table w/lamp! There were plenty of convenient (didn't have to crawl behind a bed or under a desk) wall outlets for the chargers, etc.. The flat screen TV and refrigerator made the stay very nice!

The motel is convenient to our favorite breakfast place (Egg & I), as well as a favorite seafood restaurant (The Clambake)! In addition to loving and appreciating Maine, we are birders - The motel is just up the road from Scarborough Marsh, and it's not to far to travel to Two Lights, Portland Head, Cape Elizabeth, and other southern Maine coastal areas!

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with the location, cleanliness, amenities, and staff! Jay was very helpful with confirming our reservation before we left home! We have already decided to plan another getaway, and we look forward to staying at the Millbrook (ABVI). Thank You Jay and Staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stay at this hotel every time (if possible) when we are in Scarborough. I have family in the area and we visit at least a couple of times each year.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are huge. The bathrooms are very big too. The manager and the staff are all very accommodating and remember us when we walk in (sure, he probably looked at the reservation book and guessed but it still feels nice to be greeted by name!) Any time we have a request (extra towels, ice, whatever), they are happy to help and do so quickly.

I can’t say enough good about this hotel. It’s in a great location too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Jay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Candlewood Suites Portland - Scarborough
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough
Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!