“Nothing too fancy and that's what I like!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Wanted somewhere to access a lot in Portland and surrounding area but was also looking for something economical. The place was cute, clean and easy to access the highway into Portland. We enjoyed our stay and everyone was nice. Would recommend if you don't want to stay on the busy city of Portland. It's quiet in evening and slept well there.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank LoriW30

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We travel without reservations for fun and adventure - we have stayed in some not so nice places but this is not one of them! I would return and I would recommend - friendly staff, clean room and bathroom - the price was right -

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerichomlm
Jay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here 1 night on the way up to Rockport, and after a terrible experience at an America's Best Value in Connecticut, were somewhat tentative as we pulled in. We were very pleasantly surprised! Neat, clean, quaintly decorated...even doilies on the chairs in the room... and comfortable. Well run establishment. Definitely a thumbs up from us on this one! Not a fancy place, but a good solid value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

For many years, my parents have visited this hotel and reserve the same room on the first floor. The hotel is in a great location close to the town center and conveniences. When my Mom was hospitalized last December for 11 days, the hotel staff were always attentive to his need to extend his stay on a day to day basis. Very comfortable clean rooms with 2 queen beds and always a warm welcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I traveled to OOB during the weekend of June 21, 2014. The operators of this establishment were simply and truly wonderful. The price of the room is reasonable, but the people who run this place are A+. TY
I arrived with a 2014 Cadillac XTS with less than 3000 miles on it. It broke down and OnStar and GM were extremely unhelpful. I got cut off 3 times. Since I am a Canadian, even though the car was built in the USA they had me on hold three times for over 20 minutes at a time in the heat, in a car that would not turn over. This was the smallest of inconveniences which arose on this weekend. I spent most of the time at the Motel because of problems getting a loaner vehicle and someone at GM to assist me. Never again.
The operators of this hotel allowed me to use their personal telephone to try and sort things out. I offered to pay for a couple of long distance calls that I had to make and they refused saying that they were happy to help. The matriarch of the family (I believe they are of Indian origin), who is extremely hard working, took time out of her day to tell me that she would pray for me. Can you believe it?
The place is spotless. Smells wonderful. It is not new by any means and is not near any point of interest, but it is centrally located to Old Orchard Beach.(about a 5 minute drive) and is very inexpensive for the area. It reminds me of Motels of my youth. Basic but spotless. The television, that I had to watch unfortunately, had every channel you would want and I was able to see the FIFA world cup soccer matches. All in all (and especially because of the fine people who run the place), I had a memorable time.

Room Tip: From what I could see they are all good. There is no great view. It is off US Route 1. I was on t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had to stay here during my trip to Maine. I loved this place. The staff here is really helpful. You get the value for your money. Nice clean spacious rooms with attractive landscaping. I will surely be back here during my next visit to Portland, Maine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

First, this hotel is clean and quiet and fine for the money. They did not tell me that phone service is only during certain hours. I gave out the number and was unable to receive an emergency call at 11 pm. The desk answered and told them the board was closed for the night. I was also unable to make anything other than local calls. I have never seen this anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Jay P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Sorry for any inconvenience during your stay, we do not answer phones at middle of nights.
I do apologies for that. For emergency situation if we know ahead then we love to help people.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 13 in South Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
Ramada Plaza Portland
#14 of 21 in Portland

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!