“Excellent value, clean, roomy”

Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Scarborough, Maine
“Excellent value, clean, roomy”
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Just stayed Memorial Day Weekend. Our third time here. This little hotel is close to beaches and downtown Portland. On Rt. 1, but set back, so we did not hear any road noise. Clean, spacious, instant hot water. Our hosts Jay and Meena were attentive and friendly. No need to pay more than their very reasonable rates. Free no-hassle wireless. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
delaware
Reviewed 21 May 2009

Myself and crew stayed in this hotel on business this past week for the first time. Rooms were EXCELLENT . . . VERY CLEAN and ROOMY!! We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Jay, one evening and talked at length about the area. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We’ll be sure to return to this hotel on business trips to this area in the future.

Thanks again Jay for the great hospitality . . . looking forward to the next visit!,

Wayne :-)

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Montreal
Reviewed 30 April 2009

This place is great. Affordable, clean, big rooms, friendly service (especially from the owner, Jay). Yes, the continental breakfast is "only" warm coffee, danishes (as another reviewer says), but that has been my experience at pretty much every hotel I've ever stayed at. We had no problems at the Best Value Inn, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
coolclark
Reviewed 18 April 2009

I do quite a bit of traveling for my hobby. I would like to compliment on my recently remarkable stay at the ABVI (Millbrook) in Scarborough, ME. The gentleman was really friendly and polite at check-in. I called down to request information and he followed up to make sure I got what I needed. Because I move from one location to another during each travel, I normally stay a night or two the most at the same place but this time I stayed three consecutive nights. My room was very clean, location was very convenient, the rates were within my spending range, and the gentleman (and his wife) were as friendly as can be. I will definitely recommend to others and stay at this ABVI again in my future travels to Scarborough. I definitely got my "BV" from ABVI.

• Stayed April 2009
florida
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Looks like this Motel is adequate for one nights business only.Rooms are big and ok but lacks of service and poor and rude management.Managers never be at desk and each time guests
have to wait for hrs to see and ask for something it was totally frustated experience.
They advertised continental breakfast but we found only old chilled coffee and soggy donuts
you dont feel like to touch even ,it is totally false advertisement. But it is ok for the money for
one night stay for single people.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Boston
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We have our group of bird watching personel stayed at this place in Feb 09. As always this place is clean and quite, but this time we were surprised with the improvement. We enjoy our stay here due to fact that this place is easily accessible from US Rte 1.
Staff are very friendly and helped us a lot. Their Wi-Fi works great.
In cold weather, their hot shower makes my day.
Rates are very resonable and I recommend this place for stay.

• Liked — location and cleaniness
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2008

My mother, 15 month old son, and I recently spent a night here on our way up to Maine's midcoast and the property did not disappoint. The beds were comfortable and this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. The owners were very helpful regarding directions to local restaurants and the best way to head up North. The one downside was they only had siderails instead of cribs for toddlers, which only made for an interesting night for mom!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — no cribs
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Comfort Inn & Suites
Ramada Plaza Portland
#12 of 19 in Portland
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,512 reviews
Residence Inn Portland Scarborough

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Scarborough/Portland? Share your experiences!