“Better than I expected, Clean, Comfortable and Friendly.”

Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Stayed here for one night on August 24th. Very nice and comfortable, very friendly staff and conveniently located for me.

There was a fridge and a microwave oven in the room. LCD TV and HD channels. Cant beat that for a budget friendly hotel.

I would stay here again for a night or 2 if need be.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall

Reviewed 28 August 2012

On our arrival I was surprised at how small our first floor room was, particularly the bathroom. The bathroom was about the size one would expect on an economy cruise ship with toilet, sink and shower all in the space of a small closet. The property overall appears to be very old and of only average quality. Noise was a problem with the sound of doors opening and closing reverberating through our room for much of the evening.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank westie2
Ariel M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Good afternoon Westie2,

I am sorry to read of your experience at our property, we have renovated our interior & will be doing the exterior soon as well. I appreciate your feedback & taking the time to share your comments, we learn & grow from each guests experience & I will be sharing your comments with the staff as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

the hotel is located in the center of the town so close to the shopping mall. for dinner i found this place called "Dock's Seafood" very friendly people and lobsters are so cheap there, i bought 20 lobsters to bring home to NJ and it only cost me $80. if i ever go back to Maine i will definitely stop by there and stay at fairfield again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The rooms are much smaller than any Fairfield Inn I've stayed in. Even on 28th St in New York, our Fairfield Inn room was bigger. The corner bathroom doors are very small, like in some places in Europe. The room was clean and comfortable except for some small dust spots in the bathroom. The front desk staff member and the breakfast staff member were both excellent. The elevator is outside of the lobby and you must use your room key any time you want to access your room. This is good for security. The pool is outdoors and it was raining so we did not have the opportunity to use it. There were towels outside that had been there since the night before and wet. With a small bit more attention to detail, this hotel could be excellent. The desk clerk suggested Sebago Brewing Company for dinner wtih 10% off for hotel guests. Great choice!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The location is near everything. Had all the amenities I needed when traveling for business. I felt safe and comfortable and will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Our family of four stayed here during the second week of August 2012. The room and bathroom were very small, even for a Fairfield Inn, but both were clean and well maintained.The location was very convenient to downtown Portland. We appreciated that the room had a microwave and fridge.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Luvavnyluvr77, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We as a team strive to make sure every guest enjoys their time with us as well as in Portland. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed at this fairfield for business. Front desk staff was friendly room was small and cramped compaired to other fairfield properties I have stayed at. Odd setup to get to your room in that you have to use your room card to operate the elevator. Because the rooms were small the hotel stored the hair dryer and iron in the dresser. When I went to retrieve the iron I found a big wad of someone elses hair. Lack of detail on behalf of the housekeeping staff. I am loyal to the marriott brand and am an elite member. I will however look for other accomodations next time im in the area

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments & feedback. I was also glad to have the opportunity to walk with you as well upon your departure from the property. As you saw we have recently renovated the hotel rooms but the space unfortunately is something we cannot change but desparately wish we could, we are an early Fairfield Inn brand prior to the suites versions. I had shared your comments with my staff the day of your departure and have put guidelines & procedures in place to prevent items etc from previous guests being left behind in any area of the room. I am sad to read that you will not be staying with us in the future, and only hope that you will change your mind. We appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#6 of 13 in South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall? Share your experiences!