“Great experience, friendly staff, comfortable beds”

Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This place was GREAT! Very friendly and helpful staff, building was up-to-date (failry new) room was perfectly comfortable, tv was a nice lcd, bed was comfortable nice blanket and sheets, clean, was a really terrific experience.

It's technically a 3 star but I gave it an extra because it felt right, was comfortable and happy all week.

I would recommend staying here :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
General M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear MikeVertx, Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I am glad that our staff took excellent care of you and you found the rooms very comfortable. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for recommending us!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here the night of Dec. 15th. Just very impressed from the moment we stepped through the front door. We were warmly greeted at the front desk. While checking in a member of the staff was bringing around some great chocolate chip cookies. A nice touch. The room was very nice and clean. The next morning there was a complimentary breakfast. All this for 74 dollars. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear DennisOB50, Thank you for staying with us, and for the lovely comment. It is nice to know that we made you feel welcome from the moment that you walked in the door. I'm glad that you enjoyed our light snack after our manger's reception. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

One of the fastest check-ins I have ever had. Under one minute from the time I first spoke to the front desk agent to the time she handed me the room key. (I was pre-booked)
Hotel is neat and clean, easy access from the Interstate, and a great staff.
They went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. Once they found out we where travelling to Florida they printed off some Christmas themed images and gave our kids crayons
to take in the car. It's that attention to detail that makes a good hotel great.
Recommend you stay here if in the area.

-A happy guest.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Paul W., I am very happy to hear that our staff took excellent care of you and, you stay with us a relaxing one. It is our job to make sure you have a pleasant stay and that your children enjoyed the coloring pages. Thank you for wonderful comments, and we can't wait to see you again! Hope you had a wonderful trip to Florida!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We spent two nights here. The location is close to everything, but a little too busy for me with all the traffic. The staff was friendly... I requested a quiet room and we were on the third floor. The room was small especially the bath as it was small and very confining. To top it off there was a hockey team that came in late on our floor. They were very rowdy and cussed in the hallway while mistakenly trying to get in our room. That was unsettling. The next day the housekeeper only emptied the waste basket and replaced plastic ware;however, did not clean or leave fresh towels. We tracked down another very kind housekeeper which supplied clean towels and extra pillows we requested. I probably would not choose this location again.

Room Tip: Room 339 is small with very tight space in bath.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redfishFlorida
Reviewed 11 December 2013

To say staff was very gracious is an understatement, they made me feel like family and wanted to ensure that all my needs were met. I had a medical procedure nearby and they graciously provided transportation. My room was impeccable and comfortable. Nice lobby where you can sit and enjoy refreshments with family/friends, clearly well managed. All staff met me with a smile. I will definitely stay here again. Friends, family and business colleagues encouraged me to stay here and they were right! You cannot find a better value for your money and have the quality of service that was provided to me anywhere else in the area. Hot breakfast with waffles, eggs, fruit, bagels or muffins, cereal and juice... all you could want. Even goodies available after hours and microwaves/fridge in rooms. Hot coffee or tea and cookies and snacks at night as well as a small buffet in the evening. Central to all of the shopping and should you or loved ones need to be near hospitals this is the place, great for business, couples enjoying all that Portland has to offer including the Old Port, Concerts, Art Museum and family travel. Their hospitality is refreshing and all too rare, great check out time (noon).

Of additional note, the Fairfield Inn Staff truly cares not just for their guests but for their community and was contributing for those less fortunate and in need during this holiday season. Thank you Fairfield Inn you are truly an example in this world!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Anne C. , Thank you so much for your comments. It is nice to hear that staff made you feel apart of our family here at the Fairfield Inn. It is our job to make sure that your stay with us is an enjoyable one, and it sure sounds you did. Once again, thank you and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just back from our extended vacation in the USA, stayed here 10-Oct-2013 - sorry about the late review!

All the staff were very friendly, and the Front Desk personnel made us feel totally welcome from the moment we walked in. Even minor queries regarding local shopping centres and eateries were all met with fulsome and cheerful responses.

Throughout, the hotel was absolutely clean and well furnished. Our room, including the bathroom was spotless and well appointed. The big bed was wonderfully comfy.

The breakfast was brilliant, one of the very best experienced at such hostelries. Thus we departed the next morning as happy customers, saying we would happily return....

HOWEVER...! Four days later at Niagara Falls, my MasterCard was refused! Upon then having to phone TescoBank in the UK (who'd issued it), they explained that because of suspected fraud, as a precaution they'd stopped my card. Although we'd paid Fairfield Inn by CASH, subsequently, and without my knowledge or consent, they'd then attempted to take a $15 "parking fee" from my card!

TescoBank also said that three days later, Hampton Inns at Lake Placid had also tried to pull exactly the same stunt, a $15 parking fee! Luckily, because we'd paid again cash, we hadn't used the card's security number. Good for TescoBank, they just bounced these attempted "parking fee" rip-offs by declining such debits and reinstated my card during that phonecall from Niagara.

However, although possibly outside the control of the two Fairfield & Hampton field locations (perhaps a "corporate" directive, from head office?), such experiences definitely leave a bad taste about returning in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Staff was very gracious upon checking in. Rooms were basic, clean FF Inn rooms with ample breakfast in the am especially if on the go. Lobby area was very pleasing and comfortable. The front desk associate Lorena went above and beyond to ensure our stay was pleasant. Certainly a key employee to have greeting guests.

One draw back is there is no fitness center on site but use of one is within local area. Website needs to indicate this as we assumed it was on site.

Great location with clean rooms and a staff that goes beyond the call!

Room Tip: Ask for back side of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dawn H., Thank you so much for wonderful comments. It makes me very happy to know that my staff took wonderful care of you while you were here, especially Lorena. It is very important to us, that we take excellent care of you while you are here. I am sorry about not having a fitness room onsite, and that our website was miss leading. That is something we can certainly work on. Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments, and we can't wait to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#6 of 13 in South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine

Been to Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall? Share your experiences!