“Fantastic Hotel”

Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This stay was nothing short of wonderful. I was in the hotel for a month while my apartment was being prepared, and the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. Jeff, the general manager was extremely helpful and went out of his way to ensure I was having a nice stay. Beverley was especially kind. Every morning at breakfast she made me feel at home, which is not included in her job description. She made my stay extremely pleasurable and I could not thank her enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jeff B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Allison,

Thank you so much for your gracious review of our property. It is our pleasure to give you an excllent stay. We have enjoyed you staying with us and wish you the best of luck in your new home and your new adventures!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

this facility was perfect!...the desk AM&PM, general manager, and housekeeping were sincerely friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast gave me my healthy protein hard boiled egg, variety of yogurt plus all the other items to start our active day. there is even a heated pool if one wanted to sit around....way too many things to do in Portland and area though. they even have lobby cookies later in the day!! and coffee, tea anytime

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeff B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

cjinnyh,

Thank you for your most gracious remarks. I am so glad that you found our hotel and our service to be excellent. We look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Check in was smooth and quick. The staff were very responsive to our request to be away from highway and on a higher level. The room was quiet, but felt cramped for my family of four and the bathroom was very small with no counter space. Also did not like that there was no closet space so our luggage was all over the place and hanging in plain view in the room. First time in the Fairfield Inn chain so was not prepared for this. Loved the large heated pool and the staff made sure towels were always there to use. My kids really enjoyed it, even at night. The staff at the hotel made up for any discomfort. They were overwhelmingly pleasant and willing to make efforts to ensure our stay was enjoyable. Breakfast was hot and ready every morning. Beverly was there every day of our stay and she made sure the food was replenished and we had what we needed, especially the blueberry waffle mix that my son loved! They even had fresh nuts and chocolate chips for the waffles. The hotel is clean and bright, and our room was cleaned well every day. Nice central location for us as we went to many destinations in the area from Freeport to York Beach. Overall, it was a good value and comfortable stay. We would come back on our next trip to Portland.

Room Tip: Away from highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear KandKids3,

We are so excited that your vacation with us was excellent. Thank you for your kind words regarding our service. As an older property we have some conditional challenges but I am glad that you and your kids enjoyed your stay and the service!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel late after driving from Niagara Falls. We were tired and were very warmly greeting by a kind young women at the desk. The check-in process was quick and easy. She was very helpful with providing us information the surrounding area and local tourist attractions. When we got into our room, initially the room looked awesome, although didn't have a microwave that we thought it would have. After a closer look one of the pillow cases and the bed blanket had some very obvious stains or fresh soil (not sure). Upon seeing this, I went into the bathroom and noticed some unpleasant matter on the toilet that the cleaning staff must have missed. We were tired, it was late and I normally never ever complain..However seeing the toilet was somewhat disturbing. I did go back downstairs and told the young lady at the desk whom immediately apologized and gave us a different room. Our new room was absolutely perfect. It was SO clean and had a microwave. The beds and pillows were very comfortable! The bathroom was perfectly clean and included a nice variety of toiletries. I am a reasonable and understanding person, I understand that things happen...The front desk was very apologetic and immediately provided us a different room...In my opinion, that would have been sufficient....However, in the morning, there was a card slipped under our door with a hand written apology that also indicated that we would not be charged for that night.. In my opinion, that was over the top exceptional customer service from a very caring management. The breakfast was very, very nice! The attendant was super friendly and attentive. The hotel also offers a managers reception each night (no alcohol) but soup & salad or light fare meal...This is free and a very nice touch! This hotel is really very nice and has an excellent location. I would strongly recommend staying here. The service is outstanding! The manager would walk around the breakfast area and chat with guests and make sure everyone was satisfactory. We stayed here for 3 nights while vacationing in the Portland area. Again, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lambeau_Chick

Dear WendyWisconsin,

My deepest apologies on the inconvenience of your checkin. That is very abnormal for our property and we thank you for your patience, understanding, and reporting it to us. I am happy that the staff reacted quickly to address your issues and that your stay was excellent afterwards!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Have stayed here several times in preparing to fly back home. The staff has always been super friendly and helpful and the place is very quiet. I would stay with them again anytime.
The price is good for the area and the property is very clean.

Room Tip: stayed on the back side and it was quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Rodney W

Dear Rodney W.

Thank you for continuing to chose our hotel when you travel to our area. We greatly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you also, for the gracious remarks! It gives us great pleasure to know that we are providing our guests with EXCELLENT SERVICE!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

There's a few things I would like to say about the Fairfield inn I've to got say mark the night desk guy is great no he's awesome we talk like we are family and the agm her name is Scarlett she's just great she is just so great if she sees you in the lobby she will say good morning or good after noon that's what makes a guest feel welcome but the front desk does a good job also like Katie if you need directions she'll get out the mapp and show you .if you come in in the after noon Anna is great also I remember coming in and she asked if I was hungry I said yes she got some food for me she's great every one is nice here so thank you for treating me like family

• Stayed: June 2014

Jbrown7613,

We always appreciate you staying with us and thank you for your kind word about the staff. we work hard to give you an excellent stay every time. We can't wait until your next visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I always choose this location as the service is great and staff is friendly! Rooms are clean and the hotel is conveniently located to restaurants and shopping and is easily accessible to the highway to get to downtown Portland and other areas in Maine! Would highly recommend this hotel to travelers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Tom C.

Thank you for choosing our property time and time again, it is a pleasure providing you with an excellent stay every time!. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scarborough
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 13 in Scarborough
Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough

Been to Fairfield Inn Portland Maine Mall? Share your experiences!