“Wheelchair accessible”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Scarborough
Newport
“Wheelchair accessible”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was one of the best rooms for accessibility in the bathroom that I have been in. Plenty of room next to the toilet and the shower was roll in with a fold down bench. Plenty of room to maneuver my wheelchair. The kitchenette was a plus. Only con was there were no nightstands on either side of the bed but we compensated with a chair and a rolling table. Bed was too soft for us but over all very satisfied with the room and will definitely stay again. Continental breakfast had 4 or 5 cereals, bagels, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and probably more that I don't remember. Close to Maine Mall but not on main travel road so not noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bart0j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and our daughters, ages 4 and 6, stayed here for two nights. It was nothing special, but it was perfect for what we wanted/needed; a kitchenette, plus a pull out sofa for the kids to sleep on. The bed was comfortable, as well as the pillows (I am kind of picky about pillows). The kids didn't do so well sleeping together the first night, so we ended up creating a extra bed on the floor using the couch cushions and extra bedding that we requested and that worked out awesome. It was somewhat noisy in that you could hear footsteps and other goings-on around us pretty loudly. And the refrigerator was pretty loud, especially when the motor kicked off; it rattled loudly. I ended up having to keep the kitchen hood fan on all night for white noise, to try to drown out the noises and it did help. I thought the fake wood floor in the bathroom was strange, and didn't like the way it felt on my bare feet after taking a shower, but it was clean.

The breakfast that was included was basic, but good. They had a nice variety of grab-n-go items that you toss on a tray and take back to the room because there's no place to sit down and eat, seeing as it's set up right in the middle of the small lobby in front of the front desk.

Overall, the place was good. It suited our needs, and was clean and comfortable.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JanisW798
MARTINSBURG
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Two of us stayed here for a recent fishing trip. This a nice looking facility that resembles a nice Apartment complex. Great value for the money. The kitchen has a bar counter, full size fridge, small stove, microwave & sink for washing things. Everything worked including the heating system. The sleep quarters are a little tight but it has a Queen Bed & Double Pull-out Sofa. Large modern TV with HD as well as free Wifi. There is a Laundromat behind the Lobby. It has a small Outdoor Pool. The staff are polite and friendly too. Parking is great and access nice. It is a pleasant quiet Inn. There is a Cabelas & other shopping near by. However it has an "in the woods" feel that is peaceful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
VT
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked into our 2 bedroom suite. One of the rooms had pretzels on the floor so it was quite obvious that housekeeping hadn't vacuumed thoroughly or maybe not at all. The desk clerk came to the room immediately and vacuumed himself. The rest of the suite seemed fine. The beds were better than what I remembered from my last stay here. Since we only stayed one night, I found the facility acceptable. The manager offered us free bottle water the following morning and apologized for the housekeeping issue. I'd stay again, but I'd look for better first especially considering the price was $300 a night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jamesw1387
Florida, USA
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

After spending 10 hours on the road , the last thing a guest needs is to have to deal with front desk staff ( in this case, the manager ) with attitude problems.
Yes, this hotel has a free breakfast but we had to leave our building, walk across the parking lot , put our food on a tray and bring it back to our room to eat. There was no dining area as in similar hotel chains. Also, the guest computer was set up in the middle of the food area!
All of this was BAD but the final straw was a bed that was hard as a cinder block . We will not return.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank CBYankee
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After a long day of travel and work i was suppose to check in at this hotel(motel) my first impression was that it was dark and just did not feel right. When i parked my car i was greeted by couple of guys drinking beer bottles in front of the office door which was i don't think they were the welcome committee. Once again did something just didn't feel right. Well i did check in very nice guy behind the desk and when i went to my room it was amazing you needed to swipe a key to like 3 different doors to get to the hotel(motel) rooms. Once again not a good sign. I finally ended up in my room and it STUNK so bad i don't know what it was but it smelled horrible. i scanned the room and there was a GROSS kitchenette and fridge. The bed don't even get me started on that. The TV was positioned in the oddest way where you couldn't even watch tv in bed which i sure the hell was not going to lay in that bed. So i figured i would give it the final test even though no matter if gold was pouring out of the shower i was not going to stay at that hotel. So, i checked the bathroom which was also GROSS and there was hair in the shower which was the icing on the cake. My next thought were was the closet Hilton Garden. So, i went back down to the front desk luggage in tow and told the guy i was leaving and why and you could definitely tell this was not the first time someone has decided to leave. He was very understanding and apologized and he was very nice. So, i walked out the door once again greeted by the 3 drunk truckers(welcome committee) looking at me like what the hell is this guy doing. I could not get into my car fast enough and leave. I can tell you right now i would NEVER stay at any TownePlace Suites again. I should have just booked the Hilton garden to begin with because no matter where you travel when you check into a Hilton Garden you know what your going to get.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank myersjay2013

Travellers are raving about these Scarborough hotels

Florida
Reviewed 28 August 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly help desk staff. Smiling, friendly, and went out of their way to help my wife with an intenret access issue. Trying to get through a firewall on a hospital website. Don't worry it was not a HIPAA violation. It was no longer our problem but the staff took ownership of the issue. Not one of those, too bad so sad responses one typically gets at a hotel.

Room - perfect. Comfortable bed, my wife and I both have back issues, and woke up every morning feeling great. A/C worked like a charm as our room was always at the right temperature even though when we first arrived it was in the high 80s.
Location - 5 minutes to the mall, 10 to Portland, 20 to Old Orcahrd, and two minutes from Shaws Grocery Store, which has a liquor store as one of its features.
Breakfast - very simple, but good. Wide variety of cereal, bagels, juice, yogurt, etc. Fresh fruit and coffee all day long. After all it is Maine, get the heck out of the bed in the morning, and eat at one of Maine's fine restaurants that serve breakfast. Becky's Diner on Commercial St a must, or Tony's Donuts on Congress Street. And repeat after me, I will not eat at a chain restaurant in Maine. If you do, shame on you. Nothing against chain restaurants, but Maine has numerous quaint restaurants that are out of this world. Whether you want pancakes, eggs, an Italian Sandwich, or lobster chased by a Moxie you can find it.

Would I stay there again. Yes defintiely. My wife and I do extensive research when we plan a trip. and the credit all goes to my wife, she picked this hotel, and was spot on.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Ours was directly over the pool, and had zero issues with noise.