“Wouldn't have gone if I had checked TripAdvisor 1st!”

Lighthouse Inn & Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Lighthouse Inn and Restaurant is under "New" management. Same family for 50+ years, third generation. We've changed our menus and will be making more changes as we progress. Thank you for visiting with us in the 2015 season.
Hingham, Massachusetts, United States
“Wouldn't have gone if I had checked TripAdvisor 1st!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The town is tiny and cute. I was looking for an escape from Bar Harbor and it's cruise ship crowds. Food just ok, wouldn't go back. More like a diner - "restaurant" in the business name doesn't fit. Furniture and decor like back in the 50's, food types similar. When I asked if I could have a salad with my crab melt (which was fairly good) I was told just chips and pickles (2 thin slices out of a jar) come with it. Okay. So I got away from the crowds, this is what we get in Maine, which is "paht of the chahm", right? Finally, the waiters were just not happy.

• Visited October 2013

St. Augustine, Florida
“excellent!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We dined here on a quiet weekday night and were very pleased with our meals. The small but very fresh salad was great with the balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and we enjoyed the selection of homemade breads (herb and cranberry). I had the baked scallops, and would have it again, it was that good! My dining companion enjoyed the large serving of halibut. Dale, our waiter, was attentive and personable. The restaurant is comfortable and attractive with blue table cloths. We will return for sure.

Visited September 2013
Youngstown, Ohio
“old maine”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This a very good out of the way place for lunch . We have been stopping here for lunch for years on our trip to Seal Harbor .

• Visited September 2013
Granville, Ohio
“No one got sick but......”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Old and tired, past its prime. Worst food of our trip to Bar Harbor. Only disappointment we had in main. Lobster tool bland, tactless. Hamburger was worst ever had.

• Visited September 2013
Ansonia, CT
“Needs a food and decor makeover”
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We went for a drive towards Northeast Harbor and past by this place and although very dated looking thought it might be fun to stop there on the way back for dinner. Its in the middle of nowhere next to s pizza place in a nice old building. There is no cell phone service in this area so I could not look the restaurant up for reviews and I later found out that works to their benefit. We shared the crab cakes and they were mostly bread and not cheap, about $10. I had the clam chowder for $12 and it was very thin and watery and gritty. My partner's lobster was supposed to be baked and stuffed but came boiled and stuffed and all dressed up with purple carnations, looked more like a lobster funeral than lobster dinner. We shared the peach and blueberry crisp, where was the crisp? I wanted this place to be good, the interior was very kitschy, see my picture of the lighting and the mermaid. Where is Robert Irvine, this place needs a serious restaurant makeover.