“Don't miss the Popovers with an amazing view”
Review of Jordan Pond House

Jordan Pond House
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Acadia National Park, the Jordan Pond House has been offering lunch and dinner of rover 100 years. We are best known for our always fresh from the oven popovers. In addition we serve soup, sandwich's, salads, lobster rolls, seafood and other entrees.
Fort Worth, TX
“Don't miss the Popovers with an amazing view”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After an entire day of hitting all the highlights of the Loop Drive, my family wanted a place to relax and enjoy the views and we found that at Jordan Pond House. We sat outside and had a front row view of the Pond and surrounding mountains. We all started with the popovers with butter and strawberry jam and it only got better when it was followed by a delicious lobster roll. I'm not sure if it was the amazing weather, the unbelievable views or the yummy popovers and food - but this was one of my favorite stops while spending three days in the area.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Maine
“Still good, pricey, subtle differences from before take it down a notch.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had lunch/snack around 12:30 in the afternoon after a long hike. Made reservations to sit outside, but it didn't seem to matter all that much because the two couples in front of us at the hostess table didn't have reservations, got seated outside, and then we had to wait. Granted it was all of 5 minutes, but still. I had a popover and the lobster roll. Wife had 3 popovers. Everything was good, but having been here previous years when the place was under the old management, the popovers seemed a little smaller and little overdone. Subtle, but definitely different, and it's not cheap so that makes it stand out a little more. We'll probably go back again, but we were a little disappointed. It wasn't quite the same.

Flower Mound, Texas
“Great place to have a light bite to eat or a meal”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stopped here 2 times while hiking the week in Acadia national park. This is one of the starting points/ending points of the Jordan Pond Shore Trail, get there early if you want to be able to park here. We had the Maine Atisanal cheese plate both times as it was wonderful and needed after the hike. We also had Popover with jam, wonderful, the Fresh fruit crisp, lovely and the Lemon Meringue cookies, I did not like. Too sweet with not enough lemon zest or flavor.

Sit outside if the weather is nice because the view of the pound and mountains can not be beat.

1 Thank Holeman_157
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed Results”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I went there twice, once for evening dinner and once for lunch.

The evening dinner was delicious and the ambiance was great, making me want to return. This experience was excellent.

However, the next day's lunch had an entirely different result. We were seated in an enclosed porch. Because of the egregious noise level, the experience was quite negative, even though the food was good. I might have enjoyed the meal more if the noise level were palatable. If this had been the first time there I would not have wanted to return. The experience was poor. It is only because of the meal itself, that i would not rate the lunchtime experience as terrible.

The place is under new management. Jordan Pond House is known for its popovers. They were good, but nothing to rave about.

Visited June 2014
Flushing, New York
“Popovers now cost more and don't taste same”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I agree with what others have said. The new concessionaire is having consistency issues with the popovers. The first one tasted like it should (like the past concessionaire was able to provide consistently). The second one was hard and crispy all the way through. My glass also had a hard water ring in the inside that I was able to remove with my finger. Staff also isn't friendly when walking around the gift shop or restaurant very few smiles or hellos often they turn away avoiding eye contact.

Additionally all items on the old lunch menu prior to the new concessionaire came with a popover. Now only some items come with a included popover whereas most others make you spend 2.50 more to taste the popover. I had the vegetable soup (cup size) which came with two popovers. I have to say a small cup of not that great soup with some below avg popovers should not cost 11.00.

If you sit inside make sure to stay away from the bathroom side of the restaurant. The bathroom doors are propped open and the chemical air fresheners that poof out chemical scent every 9 minutes inside the bathroom permeates the air on that side of the building.

4 Thank TravelUS1997