“Best fish and chips around!!”
Review of Tim & Elles Boston Spa - CLOSED

Tim & Elles Boston Spa
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Open every day - 6 lunchtimes and 7 teatimes. Icelandic cod & haddock available. Our fish is up to 50% bigger for a similar price than any other fish shop in the local area. Full menu available every day. Award winning chips. Delicious home cooking now available (to compliment our menu)eg our famously good steak pie, cottage pie, hot roast sandwiches and more best sellers from our other cafe at Thorp Arch. Our extended waiting area has seating for 8 people. Free Wi-Fi available too!
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my second visit to this little fish and chip shop in boston spa! myself and my partner has fish and chips with beans and curry sauce!

I must say the fish was to die for and the chips were fresh and not greasy! I would go as far as to say the fish and chips are the best ive ever had!

10000000% Would recommend!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Have had average fish and chips from here previously, have had really really small portions bit then ok portions too. Fish, chips and peas have been lovely but scallops have been hard and undercooked on 2 occasions. What has prompted this review is that on all the info online I could find it states they are open 7 days a week. On the way home from a long journey on Sunday teatime we went out of our way for a totally wasted journey and no dinner as they were closed...

elle w, Owner at Tim & Elles Boston Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Our sincere apologies for your trip on a Sunday. We should have altered our opening times on here and have now rectified that.
Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Scallops. We can only address an issue like this if it is brought to our attention straight away. I would be very grateful if you are not happy with anything, that you point it out to a member of staff immediately so that we can rectify the issue. We are always happy to improve and solve any issues.
We do hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Usually good fish, chips and curry sauce but what's the point if it shuts at 8pm during the week and is out of chips before closing - my last 3 trips has found it shut or out of chips - rather than risk it I'd probably just drive to the wetherby whaler

4  Thank l i

We are sorry that you have been disappointed on your visits. We open until 8pm Mon - Weds and 8.30pm Thurs - Sat. We have adjusted our hours to the demand of customers and try hard to make sure we have plenty of chips available.
It can be difficult sometimes to be able to guess what is needed as we are only a small venue and do not yet have the footfall of a much bigger premises.
We do hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Popped in for a light lunch, lovely food and excellent service, nothing was too much trouble, will call in again

1  Thank FrankW16
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The fish and chips (and in general all the hot fresh food) is delicious, but I have not found the frozen ready meals to be very nice.