“good place to eat”

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Skowhegan
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2013

the quantity and quality of the food was excellent. Plenty of places to sit and eat both inside and outside. Good place to bring family while on faction.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The 3 of us popped in to see what the locals were raving about. My brother-in-law ordered light fare fish platter with onion rings, my sister ordered the nights special....Texas steak, & I ordered the light fare deep sea scallops with onion rings. We were very disappointed in our food ! Talk about BLAND!!! We tried each others dishes & agreed to never eat there again. Everything was tasteless!!! No flavor!! Prices are good, place is clean, staff is friendly, but do something to add
flavor to the food!!
Geez !! I think my napkin would have tasted better!!!!!

2  Thank Mary R
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Can't support all the superlative comments I've seen here. It was OK. Ordered the seafood medaly and the seafood Alfredo. Both were not bad but no great shakes. Still good for the money. Fried options would probably have been better and I wouldn't have expected as much.

1  Thank rkw321
Reviewed 12 July 2013

While traveling to a family reunion in the middle of Maine at the end of June, we spent the night at a wonderful little family owned motel (Belmont Motel), and had Ken's Family Restuarant recommended. Didn't know it was a chicken and seafood place, but soon realized our good fortune.
It was pretty packed with locals, but we got a table quickly and had really good, speedy service. My wife and I decided to share their largest seafood platter (the Sea Monster) which included fried haddock, shrimp, scallops, clams and clam strips. It was only $18.95, but was a heaping pile of seafood which we shared (even our granddaughter picked from it), came with 2 sides (onion rings were awesome, and there were many). We found it to be some of the best fried seafood we've had, and we live on the Texas Gulf Coast where we eat a lot of fresh seafood. There was so much that we had half of a gallon ziploc bag left over.

This little restuarant was a wonderful value in a small town.

2  Thank jwaldrop
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We traveled down from the US Border and this was the first place we hit that looked like it had any type of business.

We were happy to wait a couple of minutes with the local lunch crowd for a table and ended up having a very good meal. The seafood is better than the chicken and I'd pass on the burger. But that was just my tastes, your mileage may vary. I'd much rather eat at a place like this than a chain.

1  Thank BSmith_Cinci