“EXCELLENT place to stay, very friendly and FIVE STAR CLEAN!”
Review of Belmont Motel

Belmont Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skowhegan
Belmont Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skowhegan
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am a traveling sales rep and spend numerous nights a week away from home. In the five years I have been traveling, finding an inexpensive but CLEAN and safe place to stay has been a challenge.
Never have I stayed at a cleaner hotel in all my travels. The owner is very nice and his cat Buddy Boy os super friendly! I would highly recommend this place and will be back the next time I am in town! FIVE STARS for them!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Deb R

Reviewed 7 October 2011

We needed to break our journey, I selected Skowhegan as I liked the name (crazy English woman!) found the Belmont phoned from England and spoke to a charming gentleman to make the booking. Arrived safely to a very friendly and helpful reception. Our room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast doughnuts delicious!
We would not hesitate to recommend this motel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LizHoward_UK
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We wanted to stay in the Skowhegan area for a couple of nights and after reading the reviews decided on the Belmont. This is one of the best values for the money we have ever received. Without a doubt the cleanest, neatest motels we've stayed at. Mind you it's not a five star hotel but for an independent motel you likely won't find any better. Only one minor fault ... the air conditioner was a bit loud. Walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Sox9
Reviewed 29 July 2011

With independents it's hard to know what you're getting, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Belmont Motel. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, the proprietor helpful and the free high-speed internet a plus. Only slight downside was I could hear a guest in the next room, though not enough to disturb sleeping. It's on a main road and in town so not a rural woodsy location, but it was convenient for my purposes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Levain11
Reviewed 13 June 2011

this is a rare jewell in older roadside motels, it isnta crown plaza , but its clean and the staff and owners are frindly.Sometimes we arent so sure with these mom and pops motels, but when in Skowhegan ., you can feel comfortable here,

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Doggerm
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed at the Belmont for 4 nights before our apartment was ready. Very friendly staff, we felt safe, and it was well kept. I left my pillow behind by accident, and they called us the next day to come pick it up!

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank HoboHealth
Reviewed 18 August 2009

This is a privately-run place, and it shows in its meticulously cared-for grounds and spotlessly clean rooms. Rooms have a fridge, microwave, and no-frills tube-type TV. All you need for an over-night in Skowhegan, or when you are visiting the annual Fair.

You get to park right outside of your motel room door, and there's even a cleaning cloth tied to a post for cleaning your headlights.

The place is pet-friendly, with an area at the rear of the property for walking "Robbie".

If you arrive in in the evening, expect to be checked-in by Dennis. The second time you stay, he'll have your reservation card out and ready by the time you enter the office doorway. In the morning, expect to be greeted by Mr. Hearn, the proprietor, who will invite you to have a donut, juice and a coffee to get you on your way.

A well-run property at reasonable cost.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BallBounces
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skowhegan
Herbert Grand Hotel
#3 of 4 in Skowhegan
Canaan Motel
Canaan Motel
#1 of 1 in Canaan

Been to Belmont Motel? Share your experiences!