“Good Place en route..”
Review of Belmont Motel

Belmont Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skowhegan
Belmont Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Skowhegan
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Clean, reasonably priced and well located near restaurants and other services, this is a good place to stay whilst in the Scowhegan area .. Have stayed here many times and will return next time when through these parts...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RumGuy

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I am guessing that the Belmont Hotel was built in the 50s and it has retained it's retro charm and simplicity. It was super, super clean and neat. Room had all of the basics including a small refrigerator and microwave. No flat screens at the Belmont, but the TV got all of the channels and worked just fine. Friendly and charming staff, and surprisingly quiet even though it is on 201 which is a main roadway. Just across from a Hannaford Supermarket and a Wal Mart so if you forgot anything, you can easily stock up.
If you need to visit Skowhegan or need a stop on a trip, I would highly recommend this motel. The town itself is making strides in coming back economically and the downtown has a some very nice shops with local art and crafts and a great bakery in an old bank building called the Bankery.
I love being able to recommend a privately owned business that is well run and this one surely is!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Runner03833
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Needed somewhere to spend the night on our way home from a seaside vacation and picked the Belmont. Room was very clean and not too noisy, even if it was on the town's main strip. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jules63
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am a traveling sales rep and spend numerous nights a week away from home. In the five years I have been traveling, finding an inexpensive but CLEAN and safe place to stay has been a challenge.
Never have I stayed at a cleaner hotel in all my travels. The owner is very nice and his cat Buddy Boy os super friendly! I would highly recommend this place and will be back the next time I am in town! FIVE STARS for them!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Deb R
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We needed to break our journey, I selected Skowhegan as I liked the name (crazy English woman!) found the Belmont phoned from England and spoke to a charming gentleman to make the booking. Arrived safely to a very friendly and helpful reception. Our room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and the breakfast doughnuts delicious!
We would not hesitate to recommend this motel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LizHoward_UK
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We wanted to stay in the Skowhegan area for a couple of nights and after reading the reviews decided on the Belmont. This is one of the best values for the money we have ever received. Without a doubt the cleanest, neatest motels we've stayed at. Mind you it's not a five star hotel but for an independent motel you likely won't find any better. Only one minor fault ... the air conditioner was a bit loud. Walking distance to restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Sox9
Reviewed 29 July 2011

With independents it's hard to know what you're getting, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Belmont Motel. The rooms were clean, the bed comfortable, the proprietor helpful and the free high-speed internet a plus. Only slight downside was I could hear a guest in the next room, though not enough to disturb sleeping. It's on a main road and in town so not a rural woodsy location, but it was convenient for my purposes.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Levain11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skowhegan
Herbert Grand Hotel
#1 of 4 in Skowhegan
Canaan Motel
Canaan Motel
#1 of 1 in Canaan

Been to Belmont Motel? Share your experiences!