“Great...as long as you don't want hot water.”
Review of Towne Motel

Towne Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Skowhegan
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I had low expectations for this motel, but we were in town for a wedding and it was only one night so I was prepared to suck it up.
I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly woman at the front desk. The rooms were nicely accommodated and there was even an in-ground pool (though we didn't use it).
The issue was when it came time for a shower. No hot water. My parents were staying there as well and they didn't have hot water either. So that kind of ruined what was going to be a decent time away.

If I have to be in this area again I will probably stay somewhere else just to be safe.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ted E
TowneMotel, General Manager at Towne Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

As owners and managers of the Towne Motel, this guest is absolutely right. On May 24th, around 9pm, there was a failure with one of our hot water tanks that was corrected by 7:15 the following morning. There is no doubt this guest, is parents and a portion of our other guests were inconvenienced. We are very regretful this happened and have refunded this guest, his family and several other guests for their entire nights stay with us.

We pride ourselves with having sparkling clean rooms, a nutritious and expanded continental breakfast as well as a friendly and knowledgeable staff.

I am glad this guest found his accommodations comfortable in every other way.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I were driving in a snowstorm fro. The Bangor Airport to the coast and decided to spend the night in Skowhegan. We called the Towne and they were about to close the office but set us up in a beautiful newly renovated room and waited until we arrived before closing the office. We slept like babies in a very comfortable!ing bed. It was warm and quiet. We had breakfast with the owners Roger and Deborah the next morning. Bagels, cereal and coffee hit the spot. What a nice coup,e and friendly staff. Do not pass by this motel... Surely worth the stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just had the pleasure of staying here when I was in Skowhegan for a workshop. Really great stay, with a impeccably clean room, and everything needed for a comfortable stay. My room looked like it had been recently refurbished. Only complaint would be the pillows... could be a bit softer, next time I will bring one from home. Happy to stay here again and will recommend with out hesitation. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HK04548
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Towne Motel 2/22/14. The staff were exceptionally friendly, the room was very clean and it was quiet. There were only two things that could use improvement. The pillows which were too flat, however, if I had noticed I could have asked for a second pillow so easy fix. The second was that the entrance way was poorly plowed but I understand that it has been a very very bad winter. So all in all I would recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't know if any rooms are better than others. We were in room 114.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Beckyz
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Best room I have been in . The price was even better. Didn't stay for breakfast because we were going elsewhere. Loved the spaciousness of the handicapped Room. Was also quiet. I am always Leary when going to handicapped rooms but would stay here again.

Room Tip: Good for handicapped people.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I stayed one night while traveling through Maine. Although it was probably new 40 years ago, it is extremely clean and everything worked the way it should, with the exception of the deadbolt lock. The owner made a note when we checked out and promised it would be fixed. Although the breakfast looked good, we opted to visit "The Bankery", the local bakery, located in an old bank building. It's filled with wonderful goodies. If we return to Skowhegan, we'll stay at the Towne again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric S
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in the Towne Motel on our way back from Canada and were not disappointed. The Motel has everything you need, even a very nice and clean outdoor pool although we didn't get to try it. The room was very clean and spacious. The owners were very friendly and gave us excellent recommendations for bars and restaurants. The little town of Skowhegan was a very nice discovery and definitively worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skowhegan
Herbert Grand Hotel
#1 of 6 in Waterville
Kyes Motel
Kyes Motel
#3 of 4 in Skowhegan

Been to Towne Motel? Share your experiences!