All reviews mom pop great pool slept like babies yogurt pet friendly room coffee pot excellent place to stay bit dated nova scotia front desk clerk off season hard boiled eggs fridge and microwave nice stay beds were comfortable maine furniture
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We decided to leave for Quebec City on Wednesday afternoon and drive as far as Skowhegan. We looked at the options on Trip Advisor and decided to book the Towne Motel for that evening. It was as expected and more. The cleanliness and upkeep were superb. The people up front were very nice. The breakfast room in the office was a very pleasant experience in the morning that Thursday. We were delighted with this hotel in all regards and would most definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimmarg37
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at this motel. There's something to be said for family-owned, well-kept properties. The rooms are spacious, and very clean. It's conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. It would be nice if they offered a bigger breakfast selection (similarly priced hotels in other cities usually do) it is by no means a deal breaker.

Date of stay: June 2014
4  Thank brian2222
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very pleasantly surprised at the Towne. It exceeded our expectations. Staff was very friendly, room clean, comfortable, and very quiet. We got a great nights sleep. The breakfast was very good. I will be sure to stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2014
3  Thank suretteaug
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have to admit I had low expectations for this motel, but we were in town for a wedding and it was only one night so I was prepared to suck it up.
I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly woman at the front desk. The rooms were nicely accommodated and there was even an in-ground pool (though we didn't use it).
The issue was when it came time for a shower. No hot water. My parents were staying there as well and they didn't have hot water either. So that kind of ruined what was going to be a decent time away.

If I have to be in this area again I will probably stay somewhere else just to be safe.

Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank Ted E
TowneMotel, General Manager at Towne Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

As owners and managers of the Towne Motel, this guest is absolutely right. On May 24th, around 9pm, there was a failure with one of our hot water tanks that was corrected by 7:15 the following morning. There is no doubt this guest, is parents and a portion of our other guests were inconvenienced. We are very regretful this happened and have refunded this guest, his family and several other guests for their entire nights stay with us.

We pride ourselves with having sparkling clean rooms, a nutritious and expanded continental breakfast as well as a friendly and knowledgeable staff.

I am glad this guest found his accommodations comfortable in every other way.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I were driving in a snowstorm fro. The Bangor Airport to the coast and decided to spend the night in Skowhegan. We called the Towne and they were about to close the office but set us up in a beautiful newly renovated room and waited until we arrived before closing the office. We slept like babies in a very comfortable!ing bed. It was warm and quiet. We had breakfast with the owners Roger and Deborah the next morning. Bagels, cereal and coffee hit the spot. What a nice coup,e and friendly staff. Do not pass by this motel... Surely worth the stay!

Date of stay: February 2014