“My getaway slice of Heaven”

Evergreens Campground and Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solon
Evergreens Campground and Cabins
Portland, Maine
“My getaway slice of Heaven”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have gone back to The Evergreens for the cabin rentals for about 5 years in a row now, although it is a complete campground as well. The owners are great and even provide free shuttles to pick you up from your Kayaking adventure down the Kennebec River. The cabins are the perfect mix of comfort and still feeling like you are camping. Full bath: shower, toilet, and sink right in your own private cabin! All bedding is provided as well as soap and towels. No kitchen stuff but one of my favorite parts is cooking over the fire pit anyway.
When we first arrive we barely have to unpack before we are enjoying the place. It is right on the water and we love taking our folding chairs and sitting in the current! There is also a covered porch from which I watched the biggest thunderstorm of my life several years back- It was awesome!
On the weekends there is a diner on the property which proved Breakfast and Dinner. The only downside a friend pointed out was that there is a road that is slightly visible- She lives in a very woodsy area but I am a city slicker and did not notice any traffic. If you are looking for a very affordable relaxing getaway with simple comforts I would highly recommend this campground. Booked this summers’ getaway today!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer R

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Augusta, ME
Reviewed 20 August 2011

If cleanliness is next to Godliness then this place is knocking on heaven's door. I don't think I have ever stayed in a cabin that was so neat and inviting. I mean, you could have literally eaten off the floors. Maybe you think I am a little carried away with this, but having a place that is CLEAN is one of my main criteria. In addition, the beds were very comfortable, which can't be said of all camp beds, I can assure you. The location is wonderful, too. Right on the Kennebec River (and I mean RIGHT on the river---you can throw a stone from your cabin to the water). The fishing was great (brook trout), and we saw a bald eagle cruising around looking for his dinner. Good boat launch for our drift boat. On the weekends there is a restaurant, but we were there during the week, so didn't get to try it. Not all the cabins have kitchens (a couple do, however), but there are picnic tables, and we put our grill out and cooked on ours.. In addition, all the cabins have a firepit for roasting hotdogs on a stick, etc.. Also fun to build a fire and sit around talking in the evenings, listining to the river run by. They sell firewood at the office. If you don't feel like cooking outside, the town of Solon has a little grocery with a great deli--all kinds of sandwiches and pizza,. Actually, it is a very well stocked store with prices comparable to the larger groceries in Skowhegan. Solon also has a fine sporting goods shop for purchasing fishing supplies (fishing on the this section of the river is by artificial lures and flies only). There is also a campground at the Evergreens which we checked out while we were there. Some sites are right on the banks of the river, some are more in the woods, but they all looked OK, and the campground appeared to be well kept and clean, too. They accept dogs in both the campground and the cabins for a small fee, also important to us as we like to take our Jack Russell Terrier with us when we travel. This place is really a little gem, and if you like the great outdoors, I am betting you will find the Evergreens will meet all your needs. We look forward to returning soon for some good fall fishing..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover

Been to Evergreens Campground and Cabins? Share your experiences!