“Christmas Brunch is a Gold Mine”

The Links at Outlook
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food was basic but it has proven excellent building material for local folks looking to get through the long winter. It's well into February, and I'm still eating leftovers from Christmas brunch.

I pull it from my freezer and reconstitute the food. I make soups, goulashes, great toppings for fresh salads. I made Ice cream from some fruits I brought home.

Santa was filling plastic take home bags, so when I saw that, I jumped into action. Some folks were griping about the service, probably because the help had a loooong year of weddings, everyone needed a vacation, and it just snowed 2 feet the night before.

This was a very profitable event for me, well worth the $35 as I brought home well over $250 of food.

They said it was all going to get thrown out so I should bring home whatever I wanted.

2  Thank Jared S
There are newer reviews for The Links at Outlook

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Probably the WORST Brunch ever! Beautiful room and well decorated....that was all folks.
Coffee cold...pastries and breads stale and all uncovered. The whole breakfast part of the buffet was cold....was informed that a fuse had blown before we got there but was back on. No one at the meat station to cut beef or turkey...when we got someone, no plates available. Bloody Mary was the worst at like $ 7.50.
Brunch selection poor....no soups or salads or real deserts. Our reservation was for 1pm and at 1:45 they started to tear the tables down and fold them.....that was cool! No Christmas music playing until we brought it to their attention. When we asked to speak to the manager, we were told, "he went home around noon", even though Brunch was served till 2pm. Today I ran into someone who was also there and they also had problems and told me that there has ALWAYS been food issues there. They need to hire a real restaurant manager and some experienced help. By the way, all Santa did was hang around the stale pastry table and pick at food. All this for $35.00 per person which we got complimentary. Waitress got healthy tip as it was not her fault and it was Christmas.

4  Thank bruno j
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Went to enjoy their great burgers and they did not disappoint, great beer selection for a golf course. Food is good and so is the beer! Will go here on a regular basis!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is a very nice, challenging and well kept local 18 hole golf course. True Links course with tall grass lines fairways on the front and some very tight, New Hampshire woods style up and down hill holes on about 5 of the holes onthe back nine. I have always enjoyed this course very much, but it cannot be considered in the upper eschelon this area has to offer. That belongs to Wentworth By the Sea, The Ledges and Portsmouth Country Club.

3  Thank DonaldFagen
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The Links at Outlook is made up of 2 distinctly different nines. The front nine is very much a Scottish links style course where it's mostly flat and wide open. The back nine is more in line with a typical northern New England style course with tree lined fairways, very hilly with lots of blind shots. You have to be careful on the front nine as the holes run back and forth and stray tee shots end up in the wrong fairway. That can be frustrating as people will drive right to their ball in your fairway without letting you hit first. You have to be aware of people hitting around you because of the stray shots. The back nine is laid out in such a way that there's very little of that. The staff here is very friendly and took good care of us even though there was a tournament in progress. They made us feel like we were members. We had a couple of drinks in the bar and they also have a patio looking out at the 18th green. The course was in great shape and they're not aerating the greens this year so they were plush and in outstanding condition.

2  Thank CambridgeJim